Windows 10: Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

Discus and support Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; So I have a weird issue where I click on the menu dots(...) then settings, then the sidebar disappears, so I have to repeat that then it will open... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hotrippr, Mar 26, 2018.

1. hotrippr Win User

Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

So I have a weird issue where I click on the menu dots(...) then settings, then the sidebar disappears, so I have to repeat that then it will open settings. It does the same thing with the bookmarks star.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling edge, did nothing but lose all of my bookmarks, the problem is still there. And this is a fresh install of win10pro.
    Thanks for any help.

:)

hotrippr, Mar 26, 2018

2. Edge bookmark manager

I regularly check for answers to "Does Edge have a bookmark manager?". Every time it is asked Microsoft responds with how to import bookmarks. Please Microsoft - Does Microsoft Edge browser have a bookmark manager and how can it be accessed. Please
    do not answer once again how to import .

Beaver19620903, Mar 26, 2018
  3. Browser Toolbar & Favorites Question (not exactly duplicate)

Hi Yaelle,

Thank you for posting you query on Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the delayed response.

I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the article:

How To Import Bookmarks Into Edge Browser

How To Import Bookmarks Into Edge Browser

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

1. Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds - Similar Threads - click bookmarks twice

2. I have to click print twice before it actually prints.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have to click print twice before it actually prints.: When I try to print something using the win10photos app I have to click print twice before it actually prints something. the first time I click nothing happens but the second time I click print it successfully prints. This issue is only with my HP Smart Tank 515 printer and...
  3. I have to click print twice before it actually prints.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to click print twice before it actually prints.: When I try to print something using the win10photos app I have to click print twice before it actually prints something. the first time I click nothing happens but the second time I click print it successfully prints. This issue is only with my HP Smart Tank 515 printer and...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  5. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  6. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge lacks the sync privacy feature that encrypts bookmarks & data before...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smartfon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/er54lg/microsoft_edge_lacks_the_sync_privacy_feature/
  8. Search Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Search Edge Bookmarks: Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ? Thanks in advance. Alan 53399
  9. Edge bookmarks disapearing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge bookmarks disapearing: I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result. When I first...
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196