Windows 10: Have to input both userid and password to unlock computer

Discus and support Have to input both userid and password to unlock computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've joined a Windows 10 Pro test machine to an AD 2012 domain, and when I lock the computer (using Windows + L), and then try to unlock it, I'm asked... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sparkinstx, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Have to input both userid and password to unlock computer

I've joined a Windows 10 Pro test machine to an AD 2012 domain, and when I lock the computer (using Windows + L), and then try to unlock it, I'm asked to put in both my userid and password to unlock it (it behaves as though I'm logging in again. Is there a way to fix this? I've looked in secpol.msc, and under Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options, I found "Interactive logon: Display user information when the session is locked". I enabled that, and tried both "User display name only", and "Do not display user information", but neither of those options seem to make any difference.

:)

sparkinstx, Jul 30, 2015
  2. clackey Win User

Window 10 does not stream live tv/ radio shows any more

Well, it's working now... and in my own experience, when I don't understand a solution or answer, it is usually something that I (me) caused! ...else I recognize my screw-up.

My userid in the rushlimbaugh.com domain is now "without the "@(domain)".

My userid is raw. All my logins, I used the pre-filled browser-remember userid and password. Several times I did retype the password. I never retyped the userid... but if I had done that, it still would have included the @domain.

Another interesting item: I had been using the same userid/password (My email) on both of the streaming domains and remembered by the browser.

Carl

clackey, Jul 30, 2015
  3. weiew8099 Win User
    Why do I still need to input my user name?

- Logon Win10 with my user name and password.

- Lock the system.

- When I unlock it, I need to input my user name and password.

In Win7, I just need to input the password.

Is there anyway to just input the password in Win10?

weiew8099, Jul 30, 2015
  4. ergosteur Win User

Have to input both userid and password to unlock computer

Having the same issue here. It's caused by having "Interactive Logon: Do not display last user name" enabled.
    As far as I can tell, the "Interactive logon: Display user information when the session is locked" policy doesn't work on Windows 10. I hope it's a bug that will be fixed soon.

So far, the only way to fix it seems to be to Disable "Interactive Logon: Do not display last user name".

See also these threads: windows 10 lock screen : sysadmin
    Lock Screen defaulting to instead of the current locked user

ergosteur, Aug 16, 2015
  5. modcar Win User
    I have the same problem too, but cannot disable "Interactive Logon: Do not display last user name" - as its set by group policy

modcar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Have to input both userid and password to unlock computer

1. Have to input both userid and password to unlock computer - Similar Threads - input both userid

2. Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site UserID Is Auto Created from Email Account UserID: I have very recently learned about a company that automatically uses your email account UserID for creating an identical UserID when you register to use that company's services.To my mind that is a security nightmare.May I ask for your opinion about this?Thank you....
  3. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid: Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a past suggestion here but this does not always work. I am using a PC, Windows 11, and the problem exists whether I use Edge,...
  4. Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter password, page hangs, after entering userid: Hi, On sites that require a userid and then a password, after entering the user id, i can't enter the password. I can restart Windows Explorer re a past suggestion here but this does not always work. I am using a PC, Windows 11, and the problem exists whether I use Edge,...
  5. I have BOTH PASSWORD AND RECOVERY KEY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have BOTH PASSWORD AND RECOVERY KEY: I have BOTH PASSWORD AND RECOVERY KEY but no option decrypt the bitlocker pls help me,I tried all the options currently i am using windows 10 pro and i have encrypted a drive using the same then i replaced the hard disk....
  6. UserID

in Windows 10 Customization
    UserID: how do i change my userID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/userid/22ef5c71-abdd-4b4d-903a-2969b5c8b4db
  7. Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login fail using both password and pin despite input is correct.: Hi, I cannot login using either password or pin, it says "your credential could not be verify" if I use the pin. for password it says "you can reset it from the lockscreen or at account.live.com/password/reset". I am confident that I type in my correct password or pin....
  8. Unlocking computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlocking computer: I cannot open my computer, have forgotten password as I haven't used it in forever. I was advised to use Advanced Options in Troubleshooting, and to change settings in UEFI firmware. I am told I need a Bitlocker Key. When I go to Microsoft as instructed its like getting the...
  9. unlock computer with password

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlock computer with password: i can not unlock my computer because the curser won't work. I get in with Microsoft and cannot change my password ,try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-computer-with-password/c8bbf803-db2d-4f26-97ae-64b779ad1e57
  10. forgot my userid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgot my userid: I cannot remember my userid in win 10. It was always preloaded in win 7 so didnt think about it. Any ideas? Please, it is awful. 39977