Windows 10: Have to log in twice?

Discus and support Have to log in twice? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I had an update the other night and before the update my system was fine then after I have had a series of issues most of which I remedied... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Dave1776, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Have to log in twice?

Hi

I had an update the other night and before the update my system was fine then after I have had a series of issues most of which I remedied yesterday but I noticed another item this morning and sort of noticed it yesterday.

When I turn on my computer I get to my log in screen and I enter my password and before the update I would go straight to my desktop.

Now though I sign in and rather then it going to my desktop it looks like it will load in and then the welcome message disappears and goes no where unless I hit enter again and reenter my password a second time and then it logs in right away.

Anyone else experiencing this and any ideas if this will be fixed in another update as it's rather annoying!

:)

Dave1776, Nov 14, 2017

2. After I'm upgraded to Windows, I have to log in twice and get the screen darker, so I can fix it?

(LG 22MP58VQ-P monitor) Windows 10 version 1709 (?) Now installed.

For the first login, the brightness is the same as it was, the second (where the same name, password is, I do not know why it was created), the screen is darker and remains behind.

Dark things are too dark, white color burns my eyes, so far nothing wrong with what you recommend?

How do I fix it so you do not have to log in twice? Thanks for the reply!

András Talabér, Nov 14, 2017
  3. After I'm upgraded to Windows, I have to log in twice and get the screen darker, so I can fix it?

Hi,

Issues with the display of a device are usually occurring due to an outdated or incompatible display driver. To address this concern, we suggest running the
    automated troubleshooter for devices and hardware. This tool can scan and repair damaged drivers of the connected peripherals on your computer. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems with devices and hardware and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

If the same issue persists after running the troubleshooter, it will be best to
    manually update display drivers on your device. This link provides further information on how to update
    drivers in Windows 10.

With regard to your login concern, we recommend that you run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. This tool will automatically repair the components of your Windows operating system and records the corruptions to the log file.

To run the DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt on the search results and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then hit Enter.
    • Once the scan is finished, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Note: While running the DISM tool on your computer, if any bad sectors are found on the system, data loss might occur. We suggest that you backup your files before running DISM.

If you'll need further assistance, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 14, 2017
  4. davidhk Win User

Have to log in twice?

Have a look at this thread.
    Go to page 2. Member TestAccount01 has provided a "workaround that works.

davidhk, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Dave1776 Win User
    Ok Thanks I just turned it off will check next time I log in if it worked or not

Dave1776, Nov 14, 2017
  6. davidhk Win User
    I am confident that it will also work for you.
    It does for me.

davidhk, Nov 14, 2017
  7. Dave1776 Win User
    Just on the of chance this update is giving you other headaches check out this thread I did yesterday as I had a number of issues and found work arounds for them all.

Update forcing proxies Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Seems this update was not properly tested out!

Dave1776, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Have to log in twice?

1. Have to log in twice? - Similar Threads - log twice

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?: Obvious enough question but every time I power on a laptop/ PC following this update I need to log in twice. On the 1st occasion of entering the correct credentials the screen flickers and brings me back to the same log in screen. This isn't an issue specific to one device, I...
  5. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?: Obvious enough question but every time I power on a laptop/ PC following this update I need to log in twice. On the 1st occasion of entering the correct credentials the screen flickers and brings me back to the same log in screen. This isn't an issue specific to one device, I...
  6. Why following the 21H2 update do I have to log in twice?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. VPN Log on occurs twice

VPN Log on occurs twice: I currently have Ivacy VPN. VPN should log on automatically or at a minimum, I click on connect, then it connects. However, that does not happen, when I click connect, a box pops up from "Windows Security" requiring a username & password, once I type in my VPN username &...
  8. VPN Log on occurs twice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Log on occurs twice: I currently have Ivacy VPN. VPN should log on automatically or at a minimum, I click on connect, then it connects. However, that does not happen, when I click connect, a box pops up from "Windows Security" requiring a username & password, once I type in my VPN username &...
  9. pin log in makes me do it twice every time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    pin log in makes me do it twice every time: when logging in i have to enter the pin number twice the first time says to restart the comp the second time takes all help greatly appreciated 66166
  10. Photo viewer pops up twice and number lock doesn't lock on log in

Photo viewer pops up twice and number lock doesn't lock on log in: Hello guys, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I am having some issues. First one is: When I click jpg, gif, or any image files that uses the photo viewer as a default viewer, photo viewer pops up twice, one with the file I selected and one with the collection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. openvpn have to log on twice