Windows 10: Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct

Discus and support Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, every time I want to use my custom-built pc (Windows 10), the process goes as following: -press power button -wait for initial booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lewhit, Mar 3, 2017.

1. lewhit Win User

Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct

Hi guys,

every time I want to use my custom-built pc (Windows 10), the process goes as following:

-press power button
    -wait for initial booting to start, before a noise that sounds like something being stopped
    -hold down power button so it turns off
    -press power button, and voila it works.

does anyone know why this could be happening? a friend suggested a clean reinstall, i've tried a partial one with the feature that allows you to keep files and that didn't fix it.

thanks *Smile

:)

lewhit, Mar 3, 2017

2. Turning on Computer

Whenever I turn off my computer, when I go to turn it on, I have to boot it up twice in order for it to turn on. The first time I turn it on it just gets stuck and I must manually push the power button to turn it off and hit the power button again. It
    will then continue to turn on. Why do I need to turn it one twice in order for it to boot up?

CarenKowachik, Mar 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Update appears to be hung up

Try a manual restart by holding down the power button/restart button. If that doesn't work, turn off the PC and then Power it up again.

Stranger_Hanyo, Mar 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello lewhit, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you may be having an issue with Fast Startup.

As a test, turn off Fast Startup (if not already) to see if that may help.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 3, 2017
  5. lewhit Win User
    He's only gone and fixed it on the first try - thank you so much!

lewhit, Mar 3, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct - Similar Threads - manually turn off

2. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  3. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  4. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...
  5. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads: I have a PC that has been misbehaving....suddenly and randomly powering off whilst in use....no ordered shutdown, just power off. Booted to the BIOS just to see if everything looked normal, CPU temperature very high 90 +. Opened the case and discovered that the CPU fan was...
  6. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads: I have a PC that has been misbehaving....suddenly and randomly powering off whilst in use....no ordered shutdown, just power off. Booted to the BIOS just to see if everything looked normal, CPU temperature very high 90 +. Opened the case and discovered that the CPU fan was...
  7. Unable to boot windows - PC powering off before Windows loads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button.

Pc completely freezing while gaming. Have to turn off power button.: I have been having this problem for a while now. First, it started when I tried to export videos on hit film, every time I would try it would freeze and I would have to shut it down. But the thing is before that it worked fine. The same thing happened with adobe premiere, it...
  9. Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button

Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button: I would like to turn off the display on my tablet without putting it to sleep via pressing the power button. I read that the Power Options allow this. But, when I looked, I saw only Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down. Turn off the display is not available. What...
  10. PC power button won't turn on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC power button won't turn on: So, I am having this problem for a while. I have a computer that is 7 years old, although old I am still able to do work with it perfectly until there's a problem. I shut down my computer when I'm not using, but when I try to turn it on by pressing the power button sometimes...