Windows 10: have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine

Discus and support have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; can we fix this win 10 pc to simply see network shares. both win 10 pc are plugged into same lan router. Example here are the shares appearing on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdowney717, Nov 5, 2017.

1. have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine

can we fix this win 10 pc to simply see network shares. both win 10 pc are plugged into same lan router.

Example here are the shares appearing on a win10 pc called boat2pc, that sees the network fine.
    The other win 10 pc called LRPC sees none of these shares.

:)

sdowney717, Nov 5, 2017
  2. SewHelpMe Win User

Can we no longer map a PATH (not just a drive)?

Before Win10 I was able to specify a path on the mapped drive. The option is present but grayed out. It's annoying to have to create shared directories for all the possibilities just so I can map to that specific drive for one connection needed. I don't
    need all those paths shared to the network, only those when I'm on a specific computer.

My desktop: I shared top level directories of interest when I'm away and accessing via network.

My Android and iPhone: above sharing is sufficient.

My Win10 Tablet: I want to map to specific and oft used paths within the the desktop shares.

Is this option no longer available in Win10? Is there a way to modify the path -- a back door? (I did check properties of the share and didn't see anything useful.)

SewHelpMe, Nov 5, 2017
  3. set up a phone as a network device on Win10 v1511

There is no issue with Win 7 'seeing' my Z30 phone simultaneously as a media device and as a network device, e.g. to share all documents with explorer. The Z30 appears under 'Network' devices and 'Media' devices and works OK.

There is an issue in Win10 which recognizes my phone as a media device but not as a network device, i.e. it works 50%.

The option to allow documents sharing can be selected but is not stored, i.e. Win10 cannot see the 'non .mp3' documents of the phone and therefore does not allow it to be a network device (?).

'Adding a device' does not work either because of above ?

Network status:

HomeGroup: joined (e.g. Win10 talks to another computer and shares all files)

Connections: Local area connections

Win10 allows 3 connection options

1 Connect to the Internet

2 Set up a new network (FB: my unconfigured device does not appear after 90 sec)

3 Connect to a workplace

Win7

1 set up a new connection or network

2 connect to a network,

i.e. access file and printer located on other network computers,...here I was able to select 'documents' and the Z30 appeared as another network device and worked OK

3 choose HomeGroup and Sharing option

It looks like no. 2 in Win7 is implementing the 'non .mp3' issue Ok but not Win10.

Any suggestions what I could try?

MattFuertges, Nov 5, 2017
  4. have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine

from the win10 pc that sees nothing.
    it does see unconfigured dlna server

sdowney717, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine

1. have to map network shares but another win10 sees the network fine - Similar Threads - map network shares

2. Mapped network drive is too slow - ANF Network share.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped network drive is too slow - ANF Network share.: We have an archive folder in a network share which is mapped to our sap system consisting of files close to 900000 and the response time of the network drive is too slow while accessing the particular folder. it takes more than 30mins to load.Could you please suggest what...
  3. Mapped network drive is too slow - ANF Network share.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped network drive is too slow - ANF Network share.: We have an archive folder in a network share which is mapped to our sap system consisting of files close to 900000 and the response time of the network drive is too slow while accessing the particular folder. it takes more than 30mins to load.Could you please suggest what...
  4. Mapped network drive is too slow - ANF Network share.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network Shares mapped to DFS namespace. On boot PC cant see the path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Shares mapped to DFS namespace. On boot PC cant see the path: OK i have been scouring the internet to find the issue but i cant seem to figure this out. About 2 weeks or so we started to have an issue where on boot user drives wont map correctly. We have the user drives mapped to a folder in the \\domain\Public namespace but for some...
  6. Network Shares mapped to DFS namespace. On boot PC cant see the path

Network Shares mapped to DFS namespace. On boot PC cant see the path: OK i have been scouring the internet to find the issue but i cant seem to figure this out. About 2 weeks or so we started to have an issue where on boot user drives wont map correctly. We have the user drives mapped to a folder in the \\domain\Public namespace but for some...
  7. Unable to map network share suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to map network share suddenly: Hi all, Just been accessing my network share on a linux box through a self served vpn server (on router) with no problems, when suddenly I'm getting no joy. Tried to remap (and deleted credentials) and firstly it comes back a second time with the password box, and then fails...
  8. Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map?

Win10 says I have no network? How to resolve and see map?: I went to Network & Sharing expecting to get a network map, but Windows 10 says I have no internet connection [img] Attachment 72918 "You are not connected to any networks" *Eek How can that be? *Confused Note, my original network connection was modified by the...
  9. Cannot map shared network drive

Cannot map shared network drive: I have just upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and have a problem with a shared network drive. Under Win7 and 8.1 I had no difficulty mapping this drive which is attached directly to my access point. However, since upgrade, I can log into the drive using a browser but cannot...
  10. Mapping network shares on boot

Mapping network shares on boot: Hello, Is it only me, or is Win10 extremely buggy when it comes to startup scripts? In Win7 this worked flawlessly, but since I upgraded (and now installed fresh), when I give an user a logon script (and put it in the corresponding folder of course, incl. turn off the...