Windows 10: Have to power down manually after latest update...

Discus and support Have to power down manually after latest update... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Update forced on 8/18 caused the same issues on two of my computers running W10 . Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by danxmanly, Aug 19, 2015.

1. danxmanly Win User

Have to power down manually after latest update...

Update forced on 8/18 caused the same issues on two of my computers running W10 .

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444)

Updates were downloaded and all of a sudden I get about a dozen or so blank objects on my desktop that look like note files. However there are no names underneath them, you can't open them, delete them, get properties, anything. Also, can't get start menu to open up, and any task bar items I roll my cursor across disappear as I do that till I have nothing left.

So, go to shut down and it attempts to do that, but after a few minutes it just pops back up to the same screen before I tried to shut down.

I had to physically power down both computers, then power back on to get all functionality in my system. All seems to be working fine now, just curious if anyone knows what may have caused this.

Hating the forced W10 updates... about to apply the registry hack not to autocheck for updates till MS comes around to their senses and gives us users the ability to manage updates on our own.

:)

danxmanly, Aug 19, 2015

2. reset my asus notebook x205ta to windows 10 10586 build. cant work properly

I updated my notebook with latest version. Even i updated all drivers through Asus website. 80% problem solved but still hangs in setting menu. Shut down take longer. I have to press power off button to manually shut down.

vijayendrabhandare, Aug 19, 2015
  3. SomeT3 Win User
    After the latest windows 10 update my secondary drive keeps powering down, I can't work out how to stop it?

After the latest windows 10 update, my secondary drive keeps powering down, I can't work out how to stop it? The computer works fine, but after a few seconds of activity, I hear it power down. It never used to do this before the latest update.

I have tried to set the power settings to this: Pasteboard — Uploaded Image well it has always been that before and after the most recent update, however, it must have been applying to both drives but after the latest update it only seems to do it
    for the SSD drive.

How do I stop my secondary normal HDD from powering down? Also is the fact that a normal recently purchased mechanical HDD powers down often, will it affect it or damage it, if not why?

The updates installed most recently are: 2017-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038806) and 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788)

SomeT3, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Have to power down manually after latest update...

1. Have to power down manually after latest update... - Similar Threads - power down manually

2. NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411: 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems KB5018411I had to uninstall this update to get my two 2016 Windows Servers running Radius to process clients again. One thing I noticed is that the security certificates in the Personal Store vanished but...
  3. NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411: 2022-10 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for x64-based Systems KB5018411I had to uninstall this update to get my two 2016 Windows Servers running Radius to process clients again. One thing I noticed is that the security certificates in the Personal Store vanished but...
  4. NPS Radius down after latest update KB5018411

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  6. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop died no power after latest Windows update: Hi all,I have been using a Lenovo v130-15iKB laptop for the last few years and it has always worked perfectly. After noticing that a new update was available I installed the latest Windows 10 update this morning 18th June 2022 and my laptop then died completely. There’s no...
  7. Laptop died no power after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Computer keeps shutting down after latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down after latest update: My laptop shuts down by itself after a few minutes of non use. This started happening after a February 2020 Windows update. How can this be corrected/fixed ?...
  9. Power plans dissappeared after latest big update

in Windows 10 Support
    Power plans dissappeared after latest big update: I switch form power saver to high performance. When I work I want high performance, when I just tinker or type some text files I don't need that, so I switch to power saver. I was on power saver, I check power plans and notice `high performance` missing. I switch to...
  10. After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest update pc automatically shuts down after a while: After the latest update my pc automatically enters sleep mode and, if left alone shuts down completely after about an hour. In system settings I was able to find the sleep settings and reset the monitor time-out to 'never' and, I think, hard-drive sleep to 'never. This...