Windows 10: Have to uninstall/re-install network adapters frequently.

Discus and support Have to uninstall/re-install network adapters frequently. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Lenovo L560 laptop and have had a recurring problem with connecting to the internet. Every couple of weeks I have increasing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XupbmX, Aug 21, 2016.

1. XupbmX Win User

Have to uninstall/re-install network adapters frequently.

I recently purchased a Lenovo L560 laptop and have had a recurring problem with connecting to the internet. Every couple of weeks I have increasing trouble staying connected to wifi. The only fix I can figure out is to uninstall the network adapter and reinstall it. Everything works like a charm after that but I'd like to know it will reliably work without having to un/reinstall periodically. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Hardware or software issue? It's still under warranty for the hardware, but Lenovo has some dumb service plan you have to buy for software issues. Any help is appreciated.

:)

XupbmX, Aug 21, 2016
  2. deltam Win User

Cortana, Store, Edge and Network Status - Shows no internet (But there is internet)

It is wired.

I have tried uninstalling it and have Windows re-install it. It's a built in LAN adapter on the motherboard. I've also tried a USB wireless adapter of which I'm still unable to change the network from Public to Private. The wireless adapter also gave
    me internet but not for any MS products listed in this thread.

Is there a way of re-installing all networking components since Windows 10 isn't giving any way of changing a network connection from Public?

deltam, Aug 21, 2016
  3. My Computer no Longer Detects Wifi. What can I do?

Hey there, Ssinsrig

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums.

Did you uninstall and re install your network adapter?

Also, What adapter is it installed?

You can find this out by: Going to Cortana > Searching Device Manager > Selecting Device Manager > Going to Network Adapters > Selecting the Wireless Adapter

****Please make sure your connected to the router with an Ethernet Cable before doing this*****

Another dialog box will open, and your able to uninstall it from there. Please make sure though, you are connected to the network via Ethernet Cable. Once you have uninstalled this driver, restart your computer and the driver should re install its self back
    onto your system.

If not, you can install it from the Manufacturers website. For help finding this, please answer my second question.

Regards,

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Aug 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Why would you? If the problem is with the internet connection and the laptop is working fine if you have tried on other hot spots, then I would be looking at the culprit on your network being the Wifi. If you look at my spec's, you will see that I use a separate Access Point specifically for WiFi on my network. Before I swapped to the Engenius EAP1750H, I was using a Engenius ECB350. Both give me great range up to 125' from my house with full network connection and no drops.

If I tried it with my gateway that I have for my U-Verse service, I could not get 10' out of my back door, before I dropped signal. Better Access Points, better connection.

bro67, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Have to uninstall/re-install network adapters frequently. - Similar Threads - uninstall install network

2. Cannot re-install network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot re-install network adapters: My ASUS computer could not find any networks, so I followed the advice of some forums and uninstalled my network adaptors. However, they're not automatically re-installing like people said. I've been to the Control Panel and have scanned and searched for hidden devices -...
  3. Cannot re-install network adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot re-install network adapters: My ASUS computer could not find any networks, so I followed the advice of some forums and uninstalled my network adaptors. However, they're not automatically re-installing like people said. I've been to the Control Panel and have scanned and searched for hidden devices -...
  4. NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED: i uninstalled my network adapter and checked the try to disable this for this device option and when i restart it isn't coming back. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-uninstalled/b473f1c1-99bd-48e6-b87c-74eb5bba3d94
  5. NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NETWORK ADAPTER UNINSTALLED: i uninstalled my network adapter and checked the try to disable this for this device option and when i restart it isn't coming back. windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-uninstalled/b473f1c1-99bd-48e6-b87c-74eb5bba3d94
  6. network adapter accidentally uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    network adapter accidentally uninstalled: i accidentally uninstalled my wifi network adapter and have no idea on how to reinstall it, please can someone help? ive tried using google and youtube. nothing works, thanks....
  7. in re: Network Adapter Blues

in re: Network Adapter Blues: I have a 10 year old Gateway that I upgraded to Windows 10. I sometimes have to uninstall the network adapter and restart to get internet. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated....
  8. in re: Network Adapter

in re: Network Adapter: I have a HP envy dv6 on a network with an older Gateway desktop that share a printer .I can't print from the laptop. Upon investigation it was found that the network adapter : intel r Centrino Wireless-N-2230 is only rated for Windows 8.1. I see that this is a common problem...
  9. Uninstall and re-install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall and re-install: I keep getting the following message when I boot up. The file 'C:Program Files x86\driver support\svc/install.log ... I guess I've got to uninstall that file and then reinstall it. Don't know how to and don't even know where to find the file......Help?......Mick...
  10. Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless networking adapter is missing and can't be re-installed: HP Envy laptop Used the Apple updater to update to the latest version of iTunes. After re-starting, I have no wireless networks: the adapter is missing from Device Manager. System restore did not solve the issue. Tried installing the driver, both using the HP assistant...