Windows 10: Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work

Discus and support Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i apologize for bad quality pictures in this thread, i could only take pictures on my phone for these problems. I have 3 problems that are quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gjkjr, Oct 15, 2016.

1. gjkjr Win User

Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work

i apologize for bad quality pictures in this thread, i could only take pictures on my phone for these problems.

I have 3 problems that are quite major for me currently. These started happening after windows installed cumulative update 1607. I had a memory leak, very major, so i used system restore to go back before the update. I was forced to install it again, and than system restored again. I would talk about how after a few hours of use, my memory goes from around 19% idle to 29% idle, and how my browser and games gradually consume more memory, but i have no idea how to fix that and i cant tell if it is a problem or just me being paranoid. I'll start with the login problem.

1. Whenever I shut-down my computer, whether it is from the desktop or the lock screen, when i turn it back on and click the lock screen, there is no user profiles in the bottom-left corner, nor is there a profile picture, password box, account name, etc. in the center. It is just a slightly darkened lock screen
    However, when I restart from the desktop or the lock screen. When it loads back up to the lock screen, my user profiles and log-in works 100% fine.

Here is the normal lock screen for comparison.

2. After around 15-30 minutes of use, the User Account Control (UAC) popups stop showing up. It does appear if i click a program, but it takes around 2 hours to finally pop up on my computer. When i open certain programs, like Command Prompt (Admin), it still does not open up a UAC popup, but it does make a new icon in the taskbar popup.

If i hover over it, it shows a full screen version of the UAC prompt, but i can not interact with it. It has no password box, the only option that is available (of Yes and No) is No.

3. During startup, normally the manufacturer's logo (for me it is HP) and a white spinning circle appear. However, while this is what happens to me during startup, after a little while (it takes a while to startup, about 15-30 seconds), the manufacturer's logo disappears, and only the spinning circle is there until startup completes.

:)

gjkjr, Oct 15, 2016

2. UAC instantly bluescreens Windows 10 Pro N (1511)

Every time UAC is activated (in order to install something, for example), it instantly bluescreens my PC.

Sometime the UAC window is briefly rendered, sometimes not.

It's not a particular program or task - opening cmd.exe as administrator does this as well.

I have upgraded from Windows 7, and didn't keep any old files (clean install).

The user I am logged in as is not the 'built-in' admin account - I created a Microsoft account, and logged in under that.

Many tools require admin approval to run, and obviously I can't..

Thanks

DemoLogimap, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Foster990 Win User
    How do I get rid of a continual pop up saying 'Exchange activesync policies broker' - it keeps coming up and wanting to 'change my computer'

Yes, after deleting my email accounts, the popups stopped immediately.

I signed back into all of my accounts right away. It's been 2 days and no popups at all.

I did have to accept the UAC to delete one of my emails (my outlook email, which i suspect was the issue).

It may also be worth noting that I'm using a local account, not my Microsoft account, to log into my computer.

Foster990, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work

1. Have trouble logging in sometimes, UAC popups do not work - Similar Threads - trouble logging sometimes

2. having trouble logging in on minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    having trouble logging in on minecraft: whenever i try to log in on minecraft in the minecraft launcher, it says:"We couldn't sign you in to Xbox LiveSorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. 0x8000000D"then when i go out of that it says in a red box in the top right corner:"Error Code: 0x8000000d code:...
  3. having trouble logging in on minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having trouble logging in on minecraft: whenever i try to log in on minecraft in the minecraft launcher, it says:"We couldn't sign you in to Xbox LiveSorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. 0x8000000D"then when i go out of that it says in a red box in the top right corner:"Error Code: 0x8000000d code:...
  4. Having trouble logging in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Having trouble logging in.: So over the past few months I've been experiencing a whole slew of problems which today has culminated into me being completely locked out of my computer.My PC will sometimes restart without warning, mostly during Windows login process or a little after I reach my desktop and...
  5. Having trouble logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble logging in.: So over the past few months I've been experiencing a whole slew of problems which today has culminated into me being completely locked out of my computer.My PC will sometimes restart without warning, mostly during Windows login process or a little after I reach my desktop and...
  6. Having trouble logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Having trouble logging into Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Having trouble logging into Microsoft Store: When I try to log into the Microsoft Store, it either says that something went wrong with Windows Hello or "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later." This has been going on for a while now. Any help will be appreciated!...
  8. Having trouble logging in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Having trouble logging in: One drive pops up when I turn the computer on. I put in my password and then the account security code that is sent to me. It then tells me there is a problem and I should go to account.live.com to fix it. I sign in on account.live.com but there is nothing there telling me...
  9. UAC Popup window for Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    UAC Popup window for Microsoft Store: Hi, I wondered if it possible to enable UAC for Microsoft Store. I want users in my organization to access the store and click Install, but will have to enter Administrative privilege. I did a test - i logged in with a simple user and i managed to download Instagram app....
  10. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...