Windows 10: Have win 7 64bit Danish - would like win 10 32bit english - help

Discus and support Have win 7 64bit Danish - would like win 10 32bit english - help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I know this is a tricky one and I cant seem to find the answer anywhere - I like to download windows 10 32 bit from MS homepage and install it on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by insomniacno1, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Have win 7 64bit Danish - would like win 10 32bit english - help

Hi, I know this is a tricky one and I cant seem to find the answer anywhere - I like to download windows 10 32 bit from MS homepage and install it on a laptop which is born with 64 bit Windows 7 Pro Danish. I'm not sure if this can be done, but I'm thinking something like this:

Download the 32bit Win 10 ISO and make the DVD, then boot it and erease the HDD. Then when asked for the product key type in the key I have from the label for Windows 7 Pro Danish 64bit.

Is that possible?

The other question is: The windows I have is in Danish and I like my windows 10 to be in english, is it possible later to change the language? Pro and Ultimate gets the same windows 10 update.

Or do I have to do that durring the install? And is it even possible taking in mind that my product key is for Danish Win 7?

The labtop is an Lenovo Thinkpad R500 and the reason for going to 32bit Win 10, is that its easier to find 32bit drivers for it than to find 64bit.

I'm a bit anoyed that these questions are not answerred on MS homepage.

Hope someone can help*Smile

With kind regards

JBJ

:)

insomniacno1, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Koo_Chan Win User

Win 7 32bit oem Home premium to Win 10 64bit Home

Hi,

I have win 7 32bit oem Home premium that comes with my PC without the installation disk (only key available).

I would like to switch to 64bit especially when windows 10 is available since my system is totally compatible with 64 bit. One way I hoping to do this is to upgrade my 32bit win 7 to 32bit win 10 and then doing a clean install to upgrade to 64bit win 10.

Will I still get to activate the 64bit win 10 for free if I do it this way?

Koo_Chan, Aug 11, 2015
  3. MartinHBL Win User
    Language set to English but some app titles and stuff in Thai

Hi wmglobal

I cannot help you with your question but I can tell you that you are not alone!

I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 (eng) to Win 10 (eng) but some of my apps are in Danish. I am living in Denmark and my laptop is bought in Denmark with pre-installed Danish Win 7. I am Danish myself and speak/read Danish fluently but on my work everything
    is English and I therefore want my Windows to be English. When I installed Win 8.1 (clean install) on English everything was in English but now after I installed Win 10 (clean install) some apps are in English and some are in Danish.

Since I can understand Danish it is not a problem for me but it is annoying and I would like Microsoft to change it asap.

MartinHBL, Aug 11, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have win 7 64bit Danish - would like win 10 32bit english - help

No. You have to upgrade in place first before doing a clean install. Never enter a Windows 7/8/8.1 key in Windows 10.

You should be able to change it after install. You should also be able to change the existing Windows 7 language to English:
    Install or change a display language

You cannot upgrade 64bit to 32bit nor can you upgrade 32bit to 64bit. What you have to do if you want 32bit Windows 10 is install 32bit Windows 7 first using your existing Windows 7 Product Key. That will have to be a clean install so back up anything you want to keep. Then you will be able to upgrade that to Windows 10 32bit for free. I am not sure about the language. You might be able to start with Windows 7 32bit in English but even if not you should be able to change it to English after install which I would think would give you an English Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Unfortunately Windows 7 Pro cannot change language to english - you need an Ultimate or Enterprise for that*Sad

The reason for me asking about all this is that my current Windows is Pro and in Danish and will be used by my girlfriend who don't speak Danish. So as I understand it i should just let it update to Windows 10 from the reserved one, and then change the language after its installed - is that correct?

As I understand on you, my OEM Win 7 Pro Product key should work on either 32 or 64bit - is that correct?

So if I get hold of Windows 7 Pro DA 32bit Medium only(DVD) - then this key will allow me to install windows in 32bit. Or do I need a 32bit and 64bit Medium only(DVD)?

I can legally buy the Medium Only DVD's online for a small price - just need to know which one to get.

JBJ
    (A very confused Tech)

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Oh wait, slaps forehead.....

Just upgrade the 64Bit Windows 7 to 64Bit Windows 10 - make sure it activates. Then download the 32bit Windows 10 ISO file, make a DVD or USB, boot from that and clean install Windows 10 32bit, delete the hard drive partitions during the first part of a "custom install" and install it to the resulting unallocated space. Do not enter any product keys - skip product keys when asked. Tiny little print skip options to click on.

Then change the language.

Make a backup of any data you want to keep first.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2015
  8. Have win 7 64bit Danish - would like win 10 32bit english - help

The USB/DVD Download tool is not for downloading the ISO file to your pc but instead for putting it on your USB or DVD.

I now have access to en english 32bit Ultimate, can I use it to install the Danish Win 7 Pro or do I need the Danish DVD?

Ultimate contains all versions of Windows 7. So its an Universal install DVD. Just don't know if it has all languages/regions too.

9. No worries about the data, I just bought this laptop a few days ago and it came as it is - but would seem previous owner kept the recovery DVD's.

My head is starting to spin a bit, I woke 2am and couldn't fall asleep again and its now 10pm here*Smile

Correction the Win 7 DVD I have access to is Win 7 Pro Sp1 english.

I found a tool called ABR ABR (Activation Backup and Restore) | directedge.us

It can backup activation and restore it after re-install and don't care about 32bit or 64bit.

10. So with this you are saying that after re-install of the 32bit Win 10, it will auto activate itself?

insomniacno1, Aug 12, 2015
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    It's supposed to. If you did an upgrade on the same computer first.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  12. Okay, then that worth a try if i can wait for MS to send me the Update - they are writting that it can take days to several weeks before it comes*Sad

Thank you for the help*Smile

If your a steak man and come to Denmark or Philippines on vacation, send me a PM and I'll buy you a nice juicy T-bone and cook it with baked potatoes and garlic butter*Smile

with kind regards

JBJ

13. NavyLCDR New Member

You don't have to wait.
    Click: Windows 10

Select the "Upgrade this PC now" option of the Media Creation Tool. You will want 64bit for the upgrade. You then rerun the 64bit version of the tool to download the 32Bit ISO to burn a DVD/USB with.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  14. I will do that 1st thing tomorrow*Smile I'm looking a bit wasted right now*Smile)

15. You got to love(read HATE) Microsoft - My R500 Updated this morning to Win 10 Pro 64bit - Then after all the configuration were finished it started up frozen. After turning off the laptop by holding down the Power button and restarting it windows worked for 30 seconds and then froze again. And F8 to get to safe mode is no longer working*Sad(

EDIT: It would seem that Win 10 don't like Panda Free AV, after deaktivating that in Safe Mode(You have to turn that on in msconfig) it booted up and is now working - But why the he.. didn't the Win 10 figure that out before starting the install?

insomniacno1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Have win 7 64bit Danish - would like win 10 32bit english - help - Similar Threads - 64bit Danish 32bit

2. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it and it BOOTLOOPED. So i tried enter bios and boot menu...
  3. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  4. 32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32Bit Win 7 to 64Bit Win 10: So i tried to install win 10 64 bit on 32 bit win 7. Before i boot everything i installed WinToHDD and i already reinstalled it. Everything seems be fine but then they stuck at Win Logo with Spinning Wheel in it. So i tried enter bios and boot menu everything seems fine...
  5. would like help installing Windows 7 Home 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would like help installing Windows 7 Home 64bit: Hi I do have a Nvme ssd which has Windows 11 and I have a new ssd for Windows 7.I have taken out the Nvme ssd so there's only ssd and optical drive connected.Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 3 rev 1.xBios F25 which is late 2019 when it came outGraphics AMD RX590 8GBMemory...
  6. would like help installing Windows 7 Home 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    would like help installing Windows 7 Home 64bit: Hi I do have a Nvme ssd which has Windows 11 and I have a new ssd for Windows 7.I have taken out the Nvme ssd so there's only ssd and optical drive connected.Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AX370 Gaming 3 rev 1.xBios F25 which is late 2019 when it came outGraphics AMD RX590 8GBMemory...
  7. Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit

Upgrade Win 10 32bit to 64bit: My pc has 32bit Windows 10 OS in C partition. My data is in D partition. If I upgrade to 64bit my CPU is 64bit will the new OS be in the C partition and the D partition remain intact? Or the D partition will be erased too?...
  8. Make Win 10 like Win 7

Make Win 10 like Win 7: I'll soon be in the market for a new laptop. Is there a way to make Windows 10 EXACTLY like Windows 7? I had Win 10 for about a week, and I absolutely despise it. It was easier for me to find files & programs back during the old DOS days. I know how to get around easily...
  9. "downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit

"downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit: I have win 10 home 64bit installed and activation successful. Installed by windows update. before this, on my laptop installed win 7 home premium 64 bit. What can I do if I want to change win 10 64 bit to win 10 32bit ? I only have cd original win 7home premium. My RAM...
  10. Win 10 install works for 32bit but crashes for 64bit

Win 10 install works for 32bit but crashes for 64bit: Hi I am doing a clean install on a new PC build. I have windows 10 on USB that I purchased with the computer components. When I try to install the 64 bit version, the first time it starts loading files then goes the screen goes black and resets. The second time, it starts...