Windows 10: Have You Tested Your OS and ISP for IPV6 Readiness?

Discus and support Have You Tested Your OS and ISP for IPV6 Readiness? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Test here: IPv6 test - IPv6/4 connectivity and speed test My results: [img] [img] [img] 57343 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aardvark, Jul 24, 2016.

1. aardvark Win User

Have You Tested Your OS and ISP for IPV6 Readiness?

aardvark, Jul 24, 2016

2. WP8 IPV6 Issues

Based on your notes, the following is my understanding.

1. It is not a router issue - you have switched multiple routers.

2. It is not an ISP issue - other phones are able to connect without a problem.

That leaves only one point of issue, and that is an entire range of windowsphone devices. I wish I could test this out but my own router and my ISP does not support IPV6. Looks like you will have to keep IPV6 disabled for now.

Side Note - You have mentioned that your ISP does not officially support IPV6. that means, your internet service is strictly IPV4. In effect, by enabling IPV6 you are getting additional benefits of IPV6 only for LAN usage, which cannot be all that much to
    write home about.

Unless and until your ISP starts supporting IPV6, I see no possible gain or loss by enabling or disabling IPV6 on your router.

Jay_answers, Jul 24, 2016
  3. Continuing conflict between Windows 10 and Time Warner Cable?

I think this is with the OS handling IPv6 connection.

Considering you are getting IPv6 connection from your ISP (TWC), if you connect your computer straight to the modem, do you encounter connection drops?

If you are getting connection through a router, it is a different story. Routers, as far as I know, will support IPv6 connection on the WAN side
    only. When the data packets passes through the NAT going down to the LAN side, the router will convert it to IPv4. Haven't heard of a SOHO router that allows IPv6 connection on the LAN side. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this assumption.

Now, going back on the first scenario, if your computer is directly connected to the modem (without the router), and you are experiencing dropping of the connection, using IPv6, that could either be the connection from ISP OR it is the OS itself. Isolate
    by trying different OS (or versions). If problem persists, then more likely on the ISP side. Trying asking your ISP to change your connection to IPv4 instead. If otherwise, then it is with the specific version of the OS.

Master_Thovy, Jul 24, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

Looks like Microsoft addressed the ICMP filtering issue in Win 10 home with the Anniversary release.

aardvark, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Have You Tested Your OS and ISP for IPV6 Readiness? - Similar Threads - Tested ISP IPV6

2. ISP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  3. ISP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ISP: HiIs there a way to change my default to a new ISP even if the old one is still active?THANK YOUTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/isp/4779db50-c490-4077-a60a-e8fac7b29365
  4. ISP

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can you **** test your updates?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you **** test your updates?: I just installed your new update wich everytime is a **** fail. No one almost installs you updates anymore because they are that bad. The moment I started my pc from the update it immediately went black until I restarted it and when I logged back in when started playing a...
  6. HyperVisorCode Integrity Readiness Test Failed in HLK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HyperVisorCode Integrity Readiness Test Failed in HLK: I use HLK to test a filter driver on Win10, but it hangs at the following step. I found the HLK Client has rebooted, but this test item shows hanging. I append my env info at the end. Could someone help me to figure it out? Thanks in advance. [ATTACH] HLK Controller: Win...
  7. you might need to sign up with isp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you might need to sign up with isp: what can I do if my personal wifi is showing 'no internet access' whilst I can use internet. am just from troubleshooting and I was prompted to signup with isp. based in zambia...
  8. Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsers Fail IPv6 Tests: Running Windows 10 Version 1903. Network Properties shows that the system has both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Other, non-Windows devices on network (e.g., Xbox One X) successfully pass tests like https://test-ipv6.com. Cannot get Chrome to pass the test at all ("No IPv6...
  9. We have an update ready for you

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We have an update ready for you: A big green box. No Microsoft logo. Is this a virus or is it from Microsoft. Doesn't sound professional. Can't do a screen print or access my computer. 119590
  10. Windows 10 Build 9855 Ready for Testing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9855 Ready for Testing: Microsoft has already shipped Windows 10 Preview build 9841 to users, but the company continues work on new versions that should be released for everyone in the coming weeks and months. Windows 10 build 9855 has recently been spotted online, confirming that a new testing...