Windows 10: Haven't be able to install Windows Cumulative Update since April 2018: "We Couldn't...

Discus and support Haven't be able to install Windows Cumulative Update since April 2018: "We Couldn't... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 64-bit version 1709. I haven't been able to install Windows Cumulative Updates since April 2018, when I started getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dadrivr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. dadrivr Win User

Haven't be able to install Windows Cumulative Update since April 2018: "We Couldn't...

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 64-bit version 1709. I haven't been able to install Windows Cumulative Updates since April 2018, when I started getting errors when trying to update (starting with KB4093112). When I go to shutdown or restart, it tries to install the update, but fails to install, giving the error: "We Couldn't Complete The Update; Undoing Changes". It then rolls back the changes. It has done this my last 100+ shutdowns/restarts or so. And it is slow, so it is very annoying. I have followed each of the steps here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors) except the Clean Install of Windows 10---I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows if possible because, otherwise, my Windows is working fine. Please note that I have also tried everything listed here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e-update/b4b6006d-4089-4b91-8fda-09d8d251f8a1

In summary, I have tried the following (all with no success):

• When I try to upgrade the PC using the "Media Creation Tool", the upgrade does not occur and I get the following error: "This PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware".
    • Deleting the updates (SoftwareDistribution.old, Catroot2.old) and installing the updates manually.

Also note that the system does not have an EFI partition. I tried to convert my C:/ drive from type MBR to GPT, but I get the following error in command prompt when I run "mbr2pgt /convert /allowfull OS":

"Cannot find OS partition(s) for disk 1"

What can I do to successfully install the update? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

:)

dadrivr, Aug 5, 2018
  2. abu-iyad Win User

w10 pc build 1607 cumulative update kb 4013429 was downloaded more than 10 times . the result -- couldn,t finish the installation !!! why?

no more

* Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category

* Original title: w10 pc build 1607 cumulative update kb 4013429 was downloaded more than 10 times . the result --- couldn,t finish the installation !!! why? I,m so angry.

abu-iyad, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Ron S Win User
    Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Can you or anyone suggest a way to remove the virus? Haven;t been able to enter safe mode. I did trya windows repair program called system restore, which failed at two restore points.

Ron S, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Haven't be able to install Windows Cumulative Update since April 2018: "We Couldn't...

Couldn´t install SBSH Explore Pro- installation failed after download

I couldn´t install "SBSH FExplorer Pro" from Nokia Store (cost 4,99 EUR).

Installation failed after download.

Allow all software for installation is active, Online certificate check: On,

download and install is on C:, Space on C: is over 200 MB available.

E72-1, Typ RM-530

software version 053.001, special version 053.001.231.03

Updates for this firmware version available: None.

Freeware of SBSH Explore works perfect- Pro Version installation failed.

After download I couldn´t find installation data (zip or .sisx) on C to with freeware version..

Somebody for help or any ideas?

Support speeches: German and English.

Thank you!

Support of SBSH was contacted.

scoopy---01, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Haven't be able to install Windows Cumulative Update since April 2018: "We Couldn't...

1. Haven't be able to install Windows Cumulative Update since April 2018: "We Couldn't... - Similar Threads - Haven't able install

2. We couldn't finnish installing updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't finnish installing updates: Hy,I am VatshalI have windows 10 pro version 2019. I installed the windows 10 22H2 update. When I restart it, it shows a notification "We couldn't install the update. Select this message to learn more"...
  3. We couldn't finish installing updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn't finish installing updates.: So my PC is running on the 1607 version of windows, and constantly gives me update prompts. The problem is, after I try and update I get the error message "We couldn't finish installing updates", and my OS stays the same. I have already contacted support, and the person from...
  4. Windows 10 Cumulative Updates failing to install since April

Windows 10 Cumulative Updates failing to install since April: The last successful Windows 10 Cumulative Update was in March KB4551762. Since then, every single update has failed to install: 20th June 2020-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4560960 FAILED: 0x800f0988 9th June 2020-05 Cumulative...
  5. windows update April 2018

windows update April 2018: Normally at the end of every month I get a notice that Windows is going to update and make it better (just a text message to my notifications panel). I usually let the update happen. Last night I got notification that support for the April 2018 update is ending in November...
  6. Unable to update Windows 10 cumulative update since Sep 2018

Unable to update Windows 10 cumulative update since Sep 2018: When I tried to install "2018-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-base Systems (KB4483234) I always got error 0x80013712. After searching for this error. I tried DISM command dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth And here is the result from...
  7. Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone "Unplugged" since April 2018 update.: Since the april update windows has not been detecting my microphone, I rolled back the update several times but it kept reinstalling despite me taking steps that I thought would block it. Now I have had the update for more than 10 days and am unable to roll back so I need to...
  8. Problems with touch pad on laptop since Windows update in April 2018

Problems with touch pad on laptop since Windows update in April 2018: Hello I was hoping you could help me. I'm on Windows 10 and it was urging me to update in April. I didn't really want to, as I had heard that there were problems with the new update, so I put it off for a few weeks, but Windows was persistent, and I finally caved and...
  9. April 2018 update

April 2018 update: My PC automatically updated the April windows 10 update and ever since it has been slow and wont connect to any device via any connection method including the basics such as using a USB cable and bluetooth....
  10. update april 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update april 2018: i 've proceed to the last upgrade but this turned me into some problem. see annexes [img] i had never this app installed, nor i cannot find it trough device manager also i cannot save anymore files by my official photoshop since i have annouce as follows [img] before the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. couldnt install any windows update since 2018