Windows 10: Having a few unrelated issues

Discus and support Having a few unrelated issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having a few unrelated issues in that if I click on a mail link for the forum/s it will either go to the next tab from the mail one or open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Having a few unrelated issues

I am having a few unrelated issues in that if I click on a mail link for the forum/s it will either go to the next tab from the mail one or open a completely new tab and there have been times when I have gone to close all tabs only to find there are still more open.

The spellcheck is also all over the place just deleting what has been flagged leaving me to retype all over again and clicking on the spellcheck deletes the word or joining of words completely .

There are other little things and it is slowly beginning to really irritate me

Have run sfc and chkdsk with no improvement so any ideas please.

:)

ICIT2LOL, Sep 19, 2017
  2. Mistah J Win User

I need some help with a few issues I've been having with Windows 10

None of those seem to apply to my issues. My issues are not every single time I login either, they appear totally random.

Most of the time when I press ctrl alt del and task manager is opened, task manager never allows me to end a task when an app stops working. Any app. If an app for whatever reason stops working and
    the computer doesn't respond I have to restart the computer to end and close the program.

Mistah J, Sep 19, 2017
  3. I need some help with a few issues I've been having with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description your computer freezes after upgrading to Windows 10. The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or there is some system file corruption.

As per the issue description, it seems that the issue can be caused due to any third party software conflict. Hence, let's try the following methods and check.

Method 1: Start computer in safe mode and then perform clean boot.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode

a. When you hit the power button in Windows 8.1 (through Charms Bar), hold down the
    Shift key when clicking the Restart button.

b. The next screen will present you with three options. Click
    Troubleshoot.

c. Next, hit
    Advanced options followed by Windows
    StartupSettings from the next screen.

d. Your PC will now be rebooted to enable the advanced parameters, which include Safe Mode as well. Once it restarts, you’ll get nine options whereby the following commands apply:

• F4 for Safe Mode
    • F5 for Safe Mode with Networking
    • F6 for Safe Mode with Command Prompt

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Step 2: Perform Clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting

Method 2

I would suggest you to install all of the Windows updates and device drivers. For updating the drivers you may refer to the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Method 3

There might be a chance that there is some system file corruption. So, I would suggest you to run
    SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect,
    corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 8.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

For more information refer to this link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Method 4

If issue persists try to create new user profile as an administrator and see if issue persists in new user profile. For creating new user profile you may refer to the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type control userpasswords2 and click OK

• Click on add under users tab

• Click the option, "Sign-in without a Microsoft account

• Click on Local account

• Choose a name for the account

• Add password if you want to

• Apply and click OK.

For more information you may refer to the article mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 19, 2017
Thema:

Having a few unrelated issues

1. Having a few unrelated issues - Similar Threads - Having few unrelated

2. A Few issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Few issues: Hello, I am currently facing two separate issues with my computer system.1 The first issue involves the "Snipping Tool" program. I'm not sure if I inadvertently altered something, but here's the situation: every time I open the Snipping Tool, which I have pinned to my...
  3. A Few issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Few issues: Hello, I am currently facing two separate issues with my computer system.1 The first issue involves the "Snipping Tool" program. I'm not sure if I inadvertently altered something, but here's the situation: every time I open the Snipping Tool, which I have pinned to my...
  4. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  5. Having a lot of issues for past few months!

Having a lot of issues for past few months!: Windows was unable to install updates of December so I was waiting for the January Update and now there are two updates to install and it still not installing updates. Tried restarting the PC, Troubleshooting, and it shows "Check for Windows Update issues" "detected" under "...
  6. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  7. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a seemingly unrelated string of issues: If you look at this list in total it appears to be a seemingly unrelated string of issues.ASUS Crate will not installASUS Blu-ray firmware won't installCyberlink DVD Video won't openNero DVD Video can't access the two internal Blu-ray drivesAnd then I found this in Device...
  8. a seemingly unrelated string of issues

9. A few more issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A few more issues: I’ve got my computer working up again, but there’s still multiple problems with it. The entire internet section doesn’t work, I can’t find any networks, or even do things like turn on/off airplane mode My mousepad is completely dead, I have to use a physical mouse I can’t...
  10. Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Win 10 from DVD but having a few issues: When the install reaches "Getting ready" it shows that windows setup couldn't configure windows for my hardware. I'm hoping to fix that in command prompt now but the issue is that when I restart the computer to reach the end of the setup I see three Windows 10 boot options......