Windows 10: Having a persistant BSOD, driver?

Discus and support Having a persistant BSOD, driver? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some of the more common .sys failures have been memory management, page fault in non paged area, and system thread exemption. Here are my last three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tehandy121, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Having a persistant BSOD, driver?

Some of the more common .sys failures have been memory management, page fault in non paged area, and system thread exemption.

Here are my last three dumps from BSOD with driver verifer. What could it be?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am6BBY7_cSPFixXvqFjabE1GHfwd

:)

tehandy121, Aug 17, 2018
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Having a persistant BSOD, driver? [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 17, 2018
  3. BSOD - driver IRQL not less or equal (storport.sys)

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with ‘BSOD driver IRQL not less or equal’. This could be due to driver issue. I suggest you to update the drivers by visiting manufacturer's website and check if that helps.

Update the drivers for this device

To do this, follow these steps:

1. In Device Manager, click the Driver tab in the device's Properties dialog box.

2. Click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard.

3. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

If the issue persist I would suggest you to install the latest driver in compatibility mode and check if issue persist.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Nachappa C K, Aug 17, 2018
  4. cplpro Win User

Having a persistant BSOD, driver?

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Having a persistant BSOD, driver? :)

cplpro, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Having a persistant BSOD, driver?

1. Having a persistant BSOD, driver? - Similar Threads - Having persistant BSOD

2. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  3. Persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent BSOD: I have been trying to track down the cause of a persistent blue screen issue for several weeks now and have been unsuccessful. It initially started as blue screens whenever I would play games on my computer. The stop code was WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and I could not get my...
  4. Experiencing persistent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experiencing persistent BSOD: Hi, I frequently experience BSOD messages saying "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area","memory_management", and just recently after running driver verifier to test my drivers I received "special_pool_detected_memory_corruption" I believe this links back to my drivers as most of my...
  5. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, I'm having some difficulties with my Windows 10 enterprise version 2004 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 machine. I've experienced BSOD's on startup and shutdown. Most of them seem to be related to "usbxhci.sys". I've tried windows clean reset and update all drivers but the...
  6. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: Hello, On my Dell XPS 15 9560, running Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, I've experienced random BSOD's the last couple of months. However I've not been successful in repairing it. The BSOD appears even after clean install and updating all drivers to latest versions. Help...
  7. Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues

Persistant BSODs & Audio Driver Issues: Hello, I've been having around 1-2 BSODs per week from the CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error on a PC I've built and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've gone through with many troubleshooting tips and haven't seen to crack exactly what the issue is. I believe it's related to my...
  8. Persistent issues with BSODS

Persistent issues with BSODS: I have had BSODS since December with a PC I had built in November, after losing my whole setup to a coolant leak. The person who built it investigated my issues pretty poorly and just replaced the RAM when I reported the BSODS to him. So I’m just trying to solve things on my...
  9. Persistent BSOD W10

Persistent BSOD W10: Lenovo P51 Thinkpad running W10 Pro (latest version). All drivers are up to date. Memory test cleared. Scannow test cleared. No virus etc. P51 ran fine for the first couple of months. Issues have cropped up over last month: Repeated BSOD - at least once daily. Codes...
  10. Persistent BSOD

Persistent BSOD: First my apologies for not providing a log file with my post. I'm unable to run the tool that is provided in the Posting Instructions thread on the affected machine, because I can't get it to boot regularly, into safe mode or even into the recovery partition of the hard...