Windows 10: Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls

Discus and support Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title states, I have been having a few BSOD crashes while using my computer (eg: Internet, Netflix and browsing files). Its a new build with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tapanui, Jul 5, 2016.

1. tapanui Win User

Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls

As the title states, I have been having a few BSOD crashes while using my computer (eg: Internet, Netflix and browsing files). Its a new build with every component new, except the GPU. I believe it might be hardware drivers as even after 4 clean re installs, its still giving me problems.

Specs:
    APU: AMD A10-7890K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H
    RAM: DDR3 Kingston Hyper X 2x4GB
    GPU: Nvidia GTX670
    SSD: Corsair FORCE LE 240GB
    PSU: Zalman 600W

Attachment 88561

:)

tapanui, Jul 5, 2016

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL – storahci.sys

Occurred immediate after update.

History: never seen BSOD before now.

CPU: FX- 9370 : not overclocked GPU:RX-480 a sapphire Ram: Gskill 4 sticks of 8g HD: PNY SSD MoBo: Sabertooth 2.0 V2

Booted from harinsboot Usb to MiniXP ran disck program - no bad sectors.

Glaries Utilities- registry cleaner- found 180 errors and fixed them.

Ran malwarebits and other spyware programs and system was clean.

Reinstalled Sata driver multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled. Also tried windows 8.1 drivers.

Still BSOD, at seemingly random points from working in excel 2013, remote desktops, playing overwatch. Usually crashed after 20-45 min of use.

If left standing alone the computer will only crashed every 1-2 hours.

Originally upgraded from Windows 7. Downloaded and created a install USB. Deleted and reformatted entire drive. Preformed clean install of windows 10, twice, successfully.

Computer ran without crashing for 1 whole day, until the most resent upgrade installed, within 15 min, BSOD.

Now crashing randomly again. Though now when the OS boots up after a crash, there is a notice from windows that says wattman setting where set to default after crash.

Setting where never adjusted from defaults. Insure if this is related.

JeffreyFerreira_9988, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - repeated bugcheck and reboot

Thanks for the reply. I updated the drivers from the links and just got another BSOD. I have noticed that I am much more likely to reproduce the BSOD when playing music, i.e., I can almost guarantee a crash within five songs. Although when investigating
    this issue, after a clean rebuild of W10 I was getting the crashes before reinstalling my player (VLC) and the MP3 files, so I know it isn't that software.

Fred

FredGuyton, Jul 5, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

There is only one crash dump in the zip. It is not enough to decide what is going on over that long time as you are explaining, still ......

Please disable XMP in the BIOS at the first place. Let the RAM run at 1333 MHz. Let us see any further crash dump after doing that.

5. tapanui Win User
    sorry about that only just did a reinstall i do have a written list of BOSD codes i have gotten over the past week

tapanui, Jul 5, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    I understood it, mate.
    Please let us see any more crash dumps after disabling XMP.

7. tapanui Win User
    Motherboard doesn't have an XMP profile. looked in all the bios tabs and found nothing. :/

tapanui, Jul 5, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

For F2A88XM-D3H ..... M.I.T > Advanced Memory Settings > Extreme Memory Profile.

Attachment 88587

9. tapanui Win User
    not there:
    Attachment 88589

tapanui, Jul 5, 2016
  10. tapanui Win User
    Another crash (APC_INDEX_MISMATCH). first time while browsing steam.
    Attachment 88595

tapanui, Jul 5, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Can you set the Memory Frequency at 1333 MHz?

12. tapanui Win User
    Nah seems to default on auto

tapanui, Jul 5, 2016
  13. tapanui Win User

I've booted in safe mode and haven't had a single crash, which tells it might be a driver.

tapanui, Jul 7, 2016
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    APC_INDEX_MISMATCH is a memory related issue. Either it a failing memory hardware or a driver is passing bad info to the memory.

Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and DisableRun Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls [​IMG]
    Information Why Driver Verifier:
    It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
    It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

15. tapanui Win User
    Ran Verifier for 24 hours strait and seems to have had no crashes.

Attachment 89307

tapanui, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Having BSOD crashes even after 4 clean reinstalls - Similar Threads - Having BSOD crashes

2. Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall: As per title.Got a brand new HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11 in September, and it started crashing randomly about a week into using it, showing BSOD and immediately restarting itself. Tried reinstalling, updating and going back to previous versions of the drivers and the...
  3. Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashes randomly, even after full clean and reinstall: As per title.Got a brand new HP Pavilion notebook with Windows 11 in September, and it started crashing randomly about a week into using it, showing BSOD and immediately restarting itself. Tried reinstalling, updating and going back to previous versions of the drivers and the...
  4. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall: hello. a few months ago I made the mistake of downloading some sketchy drivers for my pc, which caused it to crash. i was able to perform system restore, but ever since my PC has been having repeating blue screen error problems.actions taken to resolve this so far:update...
  5. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall: hello. a few months ago I made the mistake of downloading some sketchy drivers for my pc, which caused it to crash. i was able to perform system restore, but ever since my PC has been having repeating blue screen error problems.actions taken to resolve this so far:update...
  6. Repeated Blue Screen BSOD crashes even after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD persists even after a clean install

BSOD persists even after a clean install: The last few days I found my Windows 10 encountering BSOD, with a few other minor problems I was having, I just decided to do a fresh install. Even during the setup process and ever since the the blue screen still continues. For the sake of it, I have some driver updates and...
  8. Random BSODs even after clean install

Random BSODs even after clean install: Hello all! I am facing a serious issue with my main desktop computer at the moment. About 4 hours ago, I tried to run a new updated game, but it was unable to start. I then proceeded to update my graphics drivers NVIDIA Dedicated GPU, and I got presented with a BSOD. I do...
  9. Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...: Hello, Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling application (HP 8600 Network Pro Printer and scanner.) What is strange is using the tools and diagnostics from HP allows the Printer to scan and print but when I try to click on the...
  10. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall: I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities work. the start button doesn't work, the control panel won't open. and none of the things that you have access through...