Windows 10: Having Issues installing Bitdefender and Avira on my system

Discus and support Having Issues installing Bitdefender and Avira on my system in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had Panda installed fine on my W10 machine, but completely removed it and bought a years Bitdefender so i was going to use that. When I try to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by np123, Aug 6, 2015.

1. np123 Win User

Having Issues installing Bitdefender and Avira on my system

I had Panda installed fine on my W10 machine, but completely removed it and bought a years Bitdefender so i was going to use that.

When I try to install it, it hangs at the 99% mark, and the whole windows system hangs - file explorer wont work, none of the start bar apps or settings are clickable. I have to hard power off.

Same with Avira.

Wondering if this is a windows issue, or an issue with MBAM blocking something, or windows defender?

:)

np123, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Midaa12 Win User

All installed programs are not showing up in the Control Panel

I have installed a new antivirus program recently(I was using Bitdefender Total Security previously), Avira antivirus trial version, most probably the problem is happening after that installation, but I am not sure, though, except this, I have not installed
    any other programs recently........and no troubleshooting steps are done so far

Midaa12, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Creators update fails. Reports Avira Antivirus installed but it is not

I am trying to run the Windows 10 creators update (1709) on my system. The update reports that Avira Antivirus is not compatible with the update and must be uninstalled. Avira Antivirus is not nor never has been installed on my system.

I have searched the system and the registry for any mention of Avira and can find none.

Is there any way to force the update to ignore this and move on?

Len Garrison, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Banzi Win User

You need to install the bitdefender 2015 version that is compatible with windows 10.

You can get the offline install versions here.

How to install Bitdefender 2015 on Windows 10 with the offline installation kit?

You would also need to uninstall malwarebytes as bitdefender will not install if mbam is on the system, I would remove mbam & reboot then install the correct bitdefender offline kit. After that you can install mbam again.

Banzi, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Having Issues installing Bitdefender and Avira on my system - Similar Threads - Having Issues installing

2. Bitdefender found several registration issues Optimizing System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitdefender found several registration issues Optimizing System: I have a relatively new ASUS ROG Zephrus gaming laptop. 7 months old. I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, which seemed to create some problems which keep reoccuring. But my question is: I keep seeming when I run Bitdefender's utlities oneclick optimizer registry cleanup...
  3. Bitdefender found several registration issues Optimizing System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitdefender found several registration issues Optimizing System: I have a relatively new ASUS ROG Zephrus gaming laptop. 7 months old. I updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, which seemed to create some problems which keep reoccuring. But my question is: I keep seeming when I run Bitdefender's utlities oneclick optimizer registry cleanup...
  4. bitdefender install error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender install error: once I have downloaded the installer and the whole download is complete it says cannot copy installerinstall error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender-install-error/fae2a092-e833-41b3-a062-06c9460b687a
  5. avira

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    avira: does anyone else have this " avira" on there computer? I dont know what it is doing but its messing up my laptop! and my screen does all kinds of weird stuff the screen ha a mind of its own.i dont know if its an update or if someone is on my laptop.can someone please help...
  6. Avira is blocking Adobe installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avira is blocking Adobe installation: it seems...i install adobe, all the steps...finish installation and it does not work. what should i do?can somebody help? thanks a lot. ksenija https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avira-is-blocking-adobe-installation/6c71bc18-f1f9-4379-af98-9cba86862bd2
  7. Avira Anitivius

Avira Anitivius: I am needing to uninstall Avira Antivirus from my computer manually in order for my Windows to install updates. I am not able to find Avira anywhere on my computer to even do this....
  8. Avira icon on system tray not showing

Avira icon on system tray not showing: I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager the avira is still working and when i search "avira" and click it the avira windows showed up and the feature there like...
  9. Bitdefender Install Borked It???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitdefender Install Borked It???: I've been getting BSOD's periodically ever since installing a trial version of Bit Defender last Sunday. Going back with a pre-install restore point did not help. Tried that again today, but the restore failed and all the restore point files were gone after reboot. I've also...
  10. Connected, no internet Issue; i dont even have bitdefender!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected, no internet Issue; i dont even have bitdefender!: Hi guys, I have upgraded from windows 8 to 10 few months ago, and I have been having trouble with my wifi connection. The symptoms are: -When i try to connect to wifi, it gives connected but limited connection signal. -It does not matter which wifi network I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my bit defender not installing on my system