Windows 10: Having Issues upgrading to Window 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Discus and support Having Issues upgrading to Window 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently replying from iPad. the new ISO/DVD worked however told me it was not active and I could not activate it so currently reinstalling 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by butchtaylor909, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Having Issues upgrading to Window 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Currently replying from iPad.

the new ISO/DVD worked however told me it was not active and I could not activate it so currently reinstalling 7 then going to try to upgrade straight from the same DVD. And see how that goes.
    Will keep you posted as best as I can

butchtaylor909, Aug 16, 2015

2. Reinstalled 7 tried to upgrade to 10 and it came up with the errors again?.

hdd took 10 on a clean install but not an upgrade??
    about to try another HDD
    any advice?

3. Bazz Win User
    You did update to sp1 and any other relevant updates?.

4. Having Issues upgrading to Window 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Sp 1 is included in the update.
    i did not try any other updates did not know I needed to.
    I must have misread it and thought they meant reinstall 7 then try 10 straight away.*Redface

5. Bazz Win User
    I recommend you install all updates before trying to upgrade to 10 again, keep checking until there are no more updates also make sure your windows 7 is activated.

6. neomatter Win User
    I thought a user could install Windows 7, activate it and then jump into upgrading to Windows 10. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know my brother's system wasn't up to date on his Win7 machine and was able to upgrade to Win10. The only issue I had was he didn't have enough space on his drive.

neomatter, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Windows is activated it's the third thing I did. After install LAN driver and install Anti Virus.
    will download other updates now and see how it goes.

8. neomatter Win User

Having Issues upgrading to Window 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Hope everything will go well. Good luck.

Might want to disable the AV for now until the updates go well.

neomatter, Aug 16, 2015
  9. Bazz Win User
    It was just a suggestion seeming the problems the OP is having.

10. Got 70 GB free on my OS HDD so space should not be an issue?

should I have reconnected my other HDDs yet?

11. neomatter Win User
    You can leave them offline for now until we can resolve this oddball issue. Space is definitely not an issue with you. 70GB free space is more than adequate. My brother's was less than 1GB free space... *Redface

neomatter, Aug 16, 2015
  12. *Redface Suddenly thought. When I did the clean 10 install I don't know if I had the LAN driver on before or after I checked if it was activated!!*Redface*Redface

13. neomatter Win User

A clean install works fine, but issues upgrading... did you try running the setup.exe with AV and/or other security software disabled?

neomatter, Aug 16, 2015
  14. I had AV enabled. Force of habit having AV active straight away.

15. The New ISO NavyLCDR Provided the link for worked in the end.*Biggrin
    i reinstalled windows 7 ultimate SP1 as a clean install. then did two updates from the windows update and the updated to widows 10 from there.
    Now i have windows 10 up and running ( well with a few issues i need to dig into and maybe post in a new thread)

Thank you all for you help and advice

butchtaylor909, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Having Issues upgrading to Window 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - Similar Threads - Having Issues upgrading

2. Windows 7 SP1 to Windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 SP1 to Windows10 upgrade: Hi there, I get this error 80072EFE when trying to upgrade to W10, can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1-to-windows10-upgrade/5b154ba1-c1ba-40c1-a7d0-9e2dd596cfbf
  3. Windows 7 SP1 to Windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 SP1 to Windows10 upgrade: Hi there, I get this error 80072EFE when trying to upgrade to W10, can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-sp1-to-windows10-upgrade/5b154ba1-c1ba-40c1-a7d0-9e2dd596cfbf
  4. Can not stop important updates on Windows 7 ultimate SP1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not stop important updates on Windows 7 ultimate SP1: HiMy PC are just keep upgrading every time i shut down my PC after Windows 7 windows server 2008 R2 update 2016 install. Its just keep gets 20-150 updates every time i shut down or restart. Automatic updates off dosent help. I want to stop getting updates every time!!Its so...
  5. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  6. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  7. Error while upgrading from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10

Error while upgrading from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10: Hi There, Does anyone have any advice to offer regarding windows failing to upgrade on a Acer TravelMate P250-MG with the error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 having used the ISO directly and error code: 0x80070057 when having used the Microsoft Update assistant. I have already...
  8. want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate

want to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate: Good evening team microsoft before asking an question let me show my pc specs.just posted an screenshot of my computer properties please see that and tell me should I upgrade my pc win7 to win10 and my GPU is nvidia GT 710 and cpu gen it says 5series/3400 series chipset...
  9. upgrade from windows 7 ultimate

upgrade from windows 7 ultimate: I upgraded my laptop with 8.1 to 10 and I ended up with all programs recognized and working. Hard to believe. All I did after the upgrade is download and install English (US) package to change interface language. Will it be the same when upgrading from windows 7 ultimate?...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10

Upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate Unvalidated to 10: Sorry for the question if is quite simple but I am unsure. Currently I am running Windows 7 Ultimate yet my copy can't be validated as I have no key. If I was to purchase a copy of Windows 10 would I be able to keep my files during the upgrade or would a fresh install be...