Windows 10: Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update

Discus and support Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Earlier in July I started having issues with Automatic Windows Updates and had to go to Manual for a time.. The last 3 CU updates were manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adc, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ADC
    adc Win User

Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update

Earlier in July I started having issues with Automatic Windows Updates and had to go to Manual for a time..

The last 3 CU updates were manually installed by necessity.

My current OS is WIN 10 64 bit v1803 Build 17134.191
    (as provided by the last CU WU KB4340917)

I have been trying to systematically correct the Automatic Windows Update for the last few weeks with some success, but not at 100% yet. At least I can now Check For Updates without getting any errors.

However, due to conflicts in Startup Type information from web resources on Window 10 Services I am requesting that someone with a desktop PC running a straight WIN 10 64 bit v1803 Build 17134.191 machine with a correctly operating Automatic Windows Update to provide the Startup Type setting for the following four services, as viewed from their Services Properties.

bits
    wuauserv
    appidsvc
    cryptsvc

Thank you.
    Al Clemens

:)

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jul 28, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 28, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update - Similar Threads - Having Issues Automatic

2. having an issue with updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    having an issue with updating Windows 10: Every time I try to install new updates, the process gets stuck at 30% and then gives an error 0x80070002. I've already tried restarting, disabling the antivirus, and using the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but nothing has worked so far. Has anyone encountered a similar...
  3. Having issues with Windows Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having issues with Windows Update.: Hello,I am having issues with my 8+ year old laptop. Just recently exchange the old battery with a new one to improve health.But, I am still having trouble with the laptop completing only 7% of the update, then restarts, show that "We couldn't update the computer. Undoing...
  4. Having issues with Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with Windows Update.: Hello,I am having issues with my 8+ year old laptop. Just recently exchange the old battery with a new one to improve health.But, I am still having trouble with the laptop completing only 7% of the update, then restarts, show that "We couldn't update the computer. Undoing...
  5. Having issues with Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Have Issue in update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have Issue in update: Hi can someone help me to solve this problem. When I click the window update and it jump out this "2021-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems". When it process until 100%, it say cannot function because some updates files are missing. What...
  7. "Turn on windows update" but I already have automatic updates on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Turn on windows update" but I already have automatic updates on?: https://gyazo.com/0f9703896876b11784d8da6da43141f2 please help me guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-on-windows-update-but-i-already-have/14104a58-0885-4c47-abc7-7085d70756f4
  8. Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.

Windows update issues during updates, Automatic restart.: Hello, Months ago, your glorious updates messed up my computer. Just like always, I don't recall ever asking Windows to randomly shut down my computer, so it takes an hour or so updating. But it did, and users have always had little authority on their machines when it comes...
  9. Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update

Please rethink the issue of automatic windows update: I am a developer working on asp.net and desktop projects I often open many windows and work with heavy programs. Windows starts downloading updates either for programs or master Then I will be surprised that Windows has become unstable and it ends up either with a blue screen...
  10. Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having Issues With Automatic Windows Update: Earlier in July I started having issues with Automatic Windows Updates and had to go to Manual for a time.. The last 3 CU updates were manually installed by necessity. My current OS is WIN 10 PRO 64 bit v1803 Build 17134.191 (as provided by the last CU WU KB4340917) I...