Windows 10: Having issues with Dark Souls on windows 10. Help?

Discus and support Having issues with Dark Souls on windows 10. Help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I already posted this on the Dark Souls subreddit, but I figured this might be a better place to post it given the technical nature of my question.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Axington, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Axington Win User

Having issues with Dark Souls on windows 10. Help?

I already posted this on the Dark Souls subreddit, but I figured this might be a better place to post it given the technical nature of my question.

So, a while ago, I switched to windows 10, and I remember that when I had first done it I had some issues with running DS that I was eventually able to iron out. However, for complex reasons I'm not going to get into here, I had to reinstall the OS, and I'm having trouble with getting the program up and running.

So, when I click "play" from the steam menu, the message pops up saying that it's installing microsoft directx redist package, but then it just disappears and the program doesn't launch. If I go to the file in the steamapps and launch it there, I get a message saying that the program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing.

I remember when I had had these issues before, there was just some directx thing I had to install manually somewhere, and from then on, it would work, but I can't find where to get it. I keep seeing people linking to some "DirectX end-user runtime web installer" but whenever I click that, it takes me to the media creation tool for windows 10, which is clearly not what I'm looking for. Does anyone know what I need to do? I've tried finding the dll files, but the most I've been able to do is make it give me a different error. If I put the 64 bit version of D3DX9_43.dll which I found online into the "DATA" folder, I get a message saying "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application". Does anyone know what I need to do?

:)

Axington, Oct 11, 2015

2. Games For Windows Live and Dark Souls

I have been trying for almost a month to get my Dark Souls on steam to work, just recently i got games for windows live to fully install and connect, but my Dark Souls still will not run. Any suggestions on what I can do? I am on Windows 10

JacobManges, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Certain PC Games no Longer Work

I believe this is not the issue and a retarded response because the troubleshooter says "If you have problems with an app from the Windows store, try this app troubleshooter." Yousef37 said he had the issue when he
    played "Dark Souls 3" and Dark Souls 3 is not on the windows app store neither is League of Legends.

So why don't you link him to something that is going to be useful instead of giving a windows app store fix for what is probably a steam game.

DannyPiper, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Axington Win User

Nevermind, I was able to find what I needed to install by googling dxwebsetup.exe. I'll leave this here though in case anyone who had the same issues as me finds it useful.

Axington, Oct 11, 2015
  5. Nightbane Win User
    Bro thanx for leaving this post online.. I've done a lot of research about DS on Windows 10 and your post seems to match my problem.. May I I asked what exactly you did after googling dxsetup? Were you able to play the game with dsfix and unlocked fps??

Nightbane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having issues with Dark Souls on windows 10. Help? - Similar Threads - Having issues Dark

2. White Screen then crash in dark souls III

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Screen then crash in dark souls III: i've tried playing the game but it gives me a white screen then crashes after a few seconds i didn't get any error message except in the event viewer i will copy paste it here:SourceDARK SOULS™ IIISummaryStopped workingDate‎1/‎29/‎2023 12:46 PMStatusReport...
  3. White Screen then crash in dark souls III

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen then crash in dark souls III: i've tried playing the game but it gives me a white screen then crashes after a few seconds i didn't get any error message except in the event viewer i will copy paste it here:SourceDARK SOULS™ IIISummaryStopped workingDate‎1/‎29/‎2023 12:46 PMStatusReport...
  4. Dark souls cd missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark souls cd missing: Hi, I have misplaced the physical cd for dark souls prepare to die but i still have the case and CD key and was wondering if there was any way of salvaging this without buying another version of the game or do I have to buy another copy? Thanks for any replies Martin...
  5. Help! Is there any way to enable dark theme in windows without having a dark file explorer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Is there any way to enable dark theme in windows without having a dark file explorer.: I like the dark theme in everything except the file explore or This PC. With dark mode on for file explorer, it keeps some text black and i cant see it because the background and the text are both black. Help! submitted by /u/patotato_potato [link] [comments]...
  6. will soul craft work with windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    will soul craft work with windows 10: does soul craft work with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-soul-craft-work-with-windows-10/114fda83-5127-48a7-a3e1-b96fceb45c35
  7. Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Dark Mode Issues: Hey Guys, Windows now has Dark Mode which is AWESOME. It's working flawlessly on my Razer Laptop but I can't say the same for my desktop at work. I'm the admin account on it so there shouldn't be any sort of permissions issues. When I select dark mode on my Maingear...
  8. dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help

in Windows 10 Customization
    dark windows 7 theme vs. dark windows 10 theme, 10 needs help: I require a dark but low contrast color theme for my visual disability, but I need for it to NOT change the colors in Microsoft Office so that I can accurately work on Word and Excel documents and see the colors. I have a windows 7 theme that works good on my windows 7...
  9. Dark Souls III

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark Souls III: Anyone here pick up Dark Souls III on Steam? How are you enjoying it? Are you using a K&M or using a console controller? 47281
  10. BSOD PC Freeze and reboot during Gameplay of Dark Souls 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PC Freeze and reboot during Gameplay of Dark Souls 3: Game freezes/locks up within 2 minutes of game play in all situations, no specific action. I get warning that video driver has stopped and recovered, but sometimes the whole PC turns off and reboots. 51668