Windows 10: Having problems with the dism command

Discus and support Having problems with the dism command in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Madpoli, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Madpoli Win User

Having problems with the dism command

I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058)

So I tried to search for the dism service in task manager and couldn't find it in there. Any help would be really appreciated.

:)

Madpoli, Aug 18, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 18, 2018
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 18, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Having problems with the dism command - Similar Threads - Having problems dism

2. DISM commands have 2 progress bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM commands have 2 progress bars: Hello, Ive noticed that my DISM commands have 2 progress bars, first one usually goes up to 80% then the next one is 100%, I asked other people and they said its because it runs sfc aswell, is this true?...
  3. DISM commands have 2 progress bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM commands have 2 progress bars: Hello, Ive noticed that my DISM commands have 2 progress bars, first one usually goes up to 80% then the next one is 100%, I asked other people and they said its because it runs sfc aswell, is this true?...
  4. cant find dism command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find dism command: seems can't find my command. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-dism-command/eac5dba7-8cd9-4c46-be32-da5a60e91495
  5. dism command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  6. dism command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism command: Hi so when i did dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup it stopsnon 20% and says it done https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-command/a622031b-1790-4347-b76c-75d4a06b7d0b
  7. dism command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. DISM commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM commands: I am attempting to repair an external drive connected to this computer. In command prompt, administrator level, I entered the command "dism /Image:f:\ /cleanup-image /restorehealth" and it returned the message "Error 126; An Error occurred while attempting to start the...
  9. Having problems with the dism command

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Having problems with the dism command: I'm getting an error when trying to use this command. It happened when it was around 85% complete. It said the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (error 1058) So I tried to search for the dism...
  10. SFC and DISM commands as both are saying that I have a problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC and DISM commands as both are saying that I have a problems: I have been following the posts concerning SFC and DISM commands as both are saying that I have a problems. SFC is saying it is not able to fix the issues and DISM is saying it is unable to locate the source files. The logs have identified that there is something wrong with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 1058 the service cannot be started windows 10 DISM