Windows 10: Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed that after the latest update that was shoved down on my PC-s throat a few days ago, I have to click twice to get the action I am expecting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MeggyfaSzipka, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update

I noticed that after the latest update that was shoved down on my PC-s throat a few days ago, I have to click twice to get the action I am expecting. For example: to close a window I click on the 'X' at the top right corner. Now, I have to click twice to get the window closed! Or if I click on a link, it does not work at the first click, but then works after the second click. WHY, WHY, WHY???

Your help would be greatly appreciated to fix this 'indispensable MS feature' as it drives my crazy.

Regards,

:)

MeggyfaSzipka, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 19, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update

1. Having to click twice after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Having click twice

2. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  3. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I have to click twice to highlight?: Not too long ago, when writing in Word 2021, I could highlight a word or sentence THEN click to copy it.Seems now I have to click first at the beginning of the highlight and then again at the end of the highlight - otherwise if I move the cursor away from the area I will lose...
  4. why do I have to click twice to highlight?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update: Hello, i encountered this issue ever since i updated my windows 10 Home to latest version 20H2 build 19042.906 which cause my mouse to double clicking even when i only clicked once like opening a new tab on browser but suddenly it double clicked and created 2 new tabs...
  6. After latest win 10 update, have to click in browser box multiple times for it to respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After latest win 10 update, have to click in browser box multiple times for it to respond: Not sure which category to select for this question. After a recent December 2020 windows 10 update, noticed when I open my browser and try to start typing, I have to re-hit the the mouse key for the browser to respond / accept it and then allow me to start typing. [ No...
  7. Mouse clicks twice

Mouse clicks twice: This is an intermittent problem with my mouse. I click once, but the mouse clicks twice. I have: set the Double-click speed to the lowest and still have the same problem; checked to see if the driver is up to date and it is; and changed the mouse three times and still...
  8. mouse click twice

mouse click twice: why do i have to click everything twice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-click-twice/4eb8d09c-60d9-45f0-bcdb-aaa51309aec7
  9. Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update

Tap to Click on Latest Windows 10 Update: When I tap on my touchpad, the computer treats it as a click, just as if I had pressed the left mouse button. How do I turn this off? I had it turned off until I updated my Windows program, but when I restarted the computer to do that it defaulted back to this. Any help on...
  10. Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

in Browsers and Email
    Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds: So I have a weird issue where I click on the menu dots(...) then settings, then the sidebar disappears, so I have to repeat that then it will open settings. It does the same thing with the bookmarks star. I have tried deleting and reinstalling edge, did nothing but lose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 have to click everything twice

2. having to click twice in windows 10