Windows 10: Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!

Discus and support Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the upgrade I have found an annoying problem ( probably driver related ). When I plug anything in the cases front Audio Jack, it does not switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevzombie, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Kevzombie Win User

Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings!

Since the upgrade I have found an annoying problem ( probably driver related ). When I plug anything in the cases front Audio Jack, it does not switch automatically. I have to keep manually changing where audio comes out through using "play back devices" settings. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Any help would be awesome, the audio device is VIA HD 2021! I have also disabled the audio enhancements as it shows here to be causing some sort of other problem but that does not solve it! This problem also did not happen in Preview builds and I have clean installed W10 .

Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings! [​IMG]

:)

Kevzombie, Aug 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 not switching between headphones and speakers

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and I'm having an issue with my audio. When I used Windows 7, plugging in my headphones to the 3.5mm audio jack on my laptop would automatically switch the audio from my speakers to the headphones. Now,
    using Windows 10, I have to manually open the audio settings and switch the default output from my speakers to my headphones whenever I want to use them. What's changed? Is there a way to get Windows 10 to automatically switch audio output when I plug in my
    headphones?

TheMopkins, Aug 13, 2015
  3. nblaw95 Win User
    Audio Problem with Windows 10

I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and most things seem to be working fine, except for the audio. If I don't change anything from the default, then the speakers will play audio fine. The problem is that if I plug in the headphones, the sound
    continues coming from the speakers and does not switch to the headphones. If I then go in and manually change the default device to the headphones, the audio will come out of the headphones, but will not come out of the speakers if I unplug the headphones.
    I can technically make it work by going in and switching it manually all the time, but I really would prefer the computer to detect headphones and switch the audio accordingly.

nblaw95, Aug 13, 2015
  4. ronpar Win User

I know this is an old post, but maybe it will still help you, and others.
    Go to audio settings, in control panel. Find advance audio settings, click on jack information, and uncheck "Enable auto popup dialog, when device has been plugged in. Hope this solves your problem., it did mine. Regards!

ronpar, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Having to manually switch from speakers to headphones in settings! - Similar Threads - Having manually switch

2. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  3. Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones stopped auto switching to and from speakers: Hello everyone.Ive had this problem for a while now and I have been in contact with Corsiar and they have reconmended that I come here to find a solution/ workaround.Ive had a set of Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headphones for probably close to a year now and they were...
  4. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  5. Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound randomly switches from my speakers to my headphones: Hello,I've had this problem since windows 10. When I'm playing music on my computer using my speakers, sometimes the sound will randomly switch from my speakers to my headphones and then go back to my speakers. I was recently on the Window 11 beta, which I had to clean...
  6. Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching between Headphones and Speakers. Help: Hey guys, im using speakers most of the time but switch to my headset when i want to talk to someone (DUH). I have my speakers plugged into the back of my pc and my headphones in the front/top in the specific headset port, now my problem is, that i always have to plug or...
  7. Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Sound not switching automatically from laptop speakers to headphones?: Hi! So my new laptop, an Acer Aspire3, doesn't switch audio from playing out of the speakers to headphones automatically. I have to click on a pop-up from Realtek Audio Console to enable the switch instead. I am unaware if it is possible to make the switch manually from...
  8. Manual headphones switch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Manual headphones switch: [IMG] I have always had this issue with my MSI leopard GP63 8RF. Every time I plug my headphones, I have to manually select ok as you can see in the picture to switch the audio channel to the headphones from the speakers. Isn't there a way to make it automatic? It's quite...
  9. sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones

sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones: sound from speakers does not switches automatically to headphones. To listen via headphones I have to restart my system or connect my headphone before power on the machine...
  10. Automatically switch from headphones to speakers

Automatically switch from headphones to speakers: In windows 7, when headphones were plugged into the jack on the front of the machine it would automatically switch to the headphones and mute the speakers. If you unplugged them, it would enable the speakers. How would I go about enabling this on Windows 10? 17425