Windows 10: Having to reinstall catalyst on every change of state

Discus and support Having to reinstall catalyst on every change of state in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; accidental double post 25299 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Boomer, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Boomer Win User

Having to reinstall catalyst on every change of state

accidental double post

:)

Boomer, Oct 5, 2015

2. Having to reinstall Windows 10 about every 1-2 months?

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 via the free upgrade over this past summer when it first became available. I love using Windows 10, but have a problem I can't seem to solve.

Windows seems to run very smoothly and work great most of the time, but every so often I run into an issue where after either turning the computer on or waking it from sleep mode, it starts taking forever to load/boot up. The screen is black for about 20+
    minutes, and then finally it has the "HP" logo come up and then another 15-20 minutes later, it finally loads to the Windows log in screen. This isn't a huge problem, just really frustrating and time consuming. But then after a few times, the computer will
    completely refuse to load up Windows. It either stays on the black screen or the "HP" loading screen. The first time this happened, back in August 2015, I went into the system recovery menu through the F11 key, and tried restarting and refreshing and etc.
    Each method failed. I could not get Windows 10 to run and could not get back to Windows 8 or anything. Finally I tried Googling the problem from another PC, and found Windows 10 installation/recovery media which I then downloaded and put on a USB drive. This
    allowed me to reinstall Windows 10 onto my laptop and things seemed to be going fine for about a month before I ran into the same issue again. After again trying the usual methods to repair the computer and having those fail again, I once again reinstalled
    Windows 10 using the USB drive. Things seemed to be running great, again. Then today, I ran into the same problem AGAIN and am currently attempting another reinstallation of Windows. What is going on, why does this keep happening to my laptop?

BraveToasterGuy, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Having to reinstall Windows 10 about every 1-2 months?

Hi Brave,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 herunterladen

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    • Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 5, 2015
Thema:

Having to reinstall catalyst on every change of state

1. Having to reinstall catalyst on every change of state - Similar Threads - Having reinstall catalyst

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Illegal state change

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Illegal state change: Hi, I recently bought Halo Wars 2 on my PC via the Microsoft store. Howevr when I open the game and try to sign in, it just states "illegal state change has been requested". So I tried logging into Xbox.com which worked and I also changed my password but still cant log in...
  6. Illegal State Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Illegal State Change: Recently changed the alias of my primary email for my microsoft account, can sign in with the new gmail from a browser just fine. However, when attempting to verify my microsoft account under the settings of my laptop I am met with an "illegal state change" notification and...
  7. AMD Catalyst Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Catalyst Manager: WHERE does this come from? I did NOT install; did it come from Micro Soft when I changed over to Microsoft 10? My personal settings require Micro soft to have auto updates (which it does) Seems like there's nothing but problems ever since this appeared...
  8. amd catalyst and win update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    amd catalyst and win update: hello I am having a problem updating my graphic card .the catalyst manager keeps telling me I have an update so I install the update reboot .but it goes back to the old driver and the manager keeps telling me I have a update . Is there a thread in here for a fix? somethings...
  9. AMD Catalyst and Windows Store

AMD Catalyst and Windows Store: Hmmm. It seems when I have AMD Dual-Graphics turned on, the Windows Store and other various parts of the operating system doesn't work. The store will just sit there for a few minutes with the swirling dots on the app properties screen and then crash. Likewise, when...
  10. Catalyst Control Center gone

Catalyst Control Center gone: It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in the tray get it to open...