Windows 10: Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi

Discus and support Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lately, I have been having some major issues with connecting to my home wifi. Within the last week I have updated my PC to the latest build (version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by autoxguy, Dec 27, 2017.

1. autoxguy Win User

Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi

Lately, I have been having some major issues with connecting to my home wifi. Within the last week I have updated my PC to the latest build (version: 1709, build: 16299.125). Whenever I boot my computer, its like a roll of the dice if it ends up connecting to the wifi automatically. Also, whenever I wake it from sleep mode it rarely is ever able to reconnect automatically. Another thing I have noticed now is that I cannot connect to the 5ghz channel anymore (this used to not be an issue) as I have only been able to manually get it to connect to the 2.4 ghz channel on my router.

About half way through being on the previous build I was on it started having trouble, but before that, it was not having any issues at all.

Some things I have done already are:
    -Removed the wireless adapter from device manager and rebooted my computer to get it to reinstall itself. This does not work.
    - I have also turned off the setting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" setting

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

autoxguy, Dec 27, 2017

2. connect to wifi on windows 10 using a wireless network adapter have to trobleshoot to connect

My wireless network adapter does not connect automatically to my WIFI network. I have to connect to trouble shooting to connect.

When imy PC goes to sleep or has to be restarted I have to connect again using trouble shooting.

CharlesArneson, Dec 27, 2017
  3. WiFi connection requires laptop to be resarted before connection will establish

I have an problem with my wifi connection in that once the Laptop is shut down and then next started up, the wifi will not connect unless I restart the laptop and then connection is made automatically. All other devices (non Windows 10) are working fine.
    Is there a setting or suggestion beside running trouble shooter or turning router on/off?

DavidHoffman80501, Dec 27, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

You need to fill out everything in My Computer on your profile. A adapter is not going for 5ghz, unless it is the preferred or you are trying to get Wireless-AC speeds. Otherwise it will connect at 2.4GHZ, even with Wireless-n. If you are having issues, remove the adapter and drivers, any extra software through uninstall in Device Manager. Reboot and let windows install the default drivers.

bro67, Dec 27, 2017
  5. autoxguy Win User
    I completed everything in the My Computer section in my profile.

In the below picture, should I be removing (uninstalling) all entries or just the first one since I have a Belkin network adapter?

Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi [​IMG]

autoxguy, Dec 27, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Dec 27, 2017
  7. autoxguy Win User
    I did end up turning off fast startup and rebooted my PC. That did not seem to do anything. One thing I did do that seemed to make a difference, was I disabled the Bitdefender anti-virus I have installed and instead resorted to the builtin Windows Defender. My internet connection was staying fine after both putting it to sleep and rebooting multiple times.

However, I just had it in sleep mode for a few hours and when I got back on it had lost the internet connection and had to manually reconnect. I just turned off the "allow device to be turned off to save power setting" again so maybe that will make an additional difference.

So far that makes two products (avast and bitdefender) that in my experience with windows 10 that have messed with my wifi connection at some point. Makes me with I would have just stayed with windows 7, I never had any issues even remotely close to this lol

autoxguy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble automatically connecting to wifi - Similar Threads - Having trouble automatically

2. Trouble connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble connecting to wifi: Wifi doesnt start when i boot up windows. While I'm using my laptop all of a sudden my wifi network gets disconnected intermittent connection requires to reset network adapter with windows troubleshoot to solve this but after a couple minutes or so this problem happens...
  3. Trouble with connecting to WiFi?

Trouble with connecting to WiFi?: So i just recently received my gaming computer. After trying to connect to my network, it told me it couldnt connect to the network. Heres what I have tried: Network Reset Troubleshooting the response I got told me I had no preferred networks Updating the Driver He told...
  4. Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots

Trouble connecting to wifi hotspots: Im having a super annoying internet problem, logging onto hotel Wifis. we are on a long roadtrip across the USA, and everytime we enter a new hotel and try and connect to the hotel wifi, the laptop doesnt seem to connect. i try right clicking and Troubleshoot with no luck....
  5. Trouble connecting to WIFI

Trouble connecting to WIFI: Hi community I recently clean installed windows 1809 in my pc. I am not able to get connected with networks. No available networks are shown. Only ethernet adapter is shown in sharing centre . Wifi adapter is not shown. Pls help....
  6. WiFi connection troubles

WiFi connection troubles: I have had troubles connecting with my WiFi recently. I have watched multiple tutorials and none have helped but I've narrowed down the problem I beleive. When I go to device manger and check network adapters there is no wireless option in there. I'm on an Asus f540la laptop....
  7. having trouble while connecting printer to wifi

having trouble while connecting printer to wifi: i am facing a trouble how to connect canon mg2922 printer to wifi in windows 7.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-while-connecting-printer-to-wifi/386dc4e7-d800-42f4-9bb3-bf0c0d31e254
  8. trouble connecting to wifi

trouble connecting to wifi: we set up a stronger wifi router, every computer and devise is connected except one, it does not recognize the wifi name. I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-connecting-to-wifi/96a4714d-e5fc-427e-a72a-4b33e2217743
  9. Windows 10 having trouble connecting to a specific wifi connection.

Windows 10 having trouble connecting to a specific wifi connection.: Hello, I have been having trouble connecting my Windows 10 supported desktop to my wifi. I have Googled some issues that pop up and tried everything. Nothing worked. I contacted my internet provider and they told me to come here and ask. When I try to connect to the specific...
  10. Trouble connecting to wifi

Trouble connecting to wifi: Having some issues connecting to wifi. My computer won't detect any available networks. When I try enabling the wifi from control panel, it does not work. I have tried running network diagnostics and I get the message 'there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi...