Windows 10: Having trouble copying photos from Samsung S6 to Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Having trouble copying photos from Samsung S6 to Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. My father has a Samsung S6 and wishes to copy photos from it to a Windows 10 laptop. When I visited him recently we were able to copy photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by michael8, Mar 21, 2016.

1. michael8 Win User

Having trouble copying photos from Samsung S6 to Windows 10 laptop

Hi. My father has a Samsung S6 and wishes to copy photos from it to a Windows 10 laptop.

When I visited him recently we were able to copy photos from his S6 to his Windows 10 desktop PC without any issues (with phone connected to PC USB port). But we couldn't manage to copy them to his new laptop, a HP Pavilion x360 (Windows 10).

We searched Google and tried a few suggestions (updating drivers for S6 via Device Manager, and uninstalling S6 > restarting HP x360 > reinstalling S6) but with no success (when S6 was connected to HP x360 there was always yellow triangle with exclamation mark next to HP icon in 'Devices and drives' in 'This PC')

Any advice would be very appreciated.

:)

michael8, Mar 21, 2016
  2. jeffkell Win User

samsung s6....

samsung s6....Can't transfer photos from cell to PC by Bluetooth....have all the latest drivers.......pc and cell are paired....can't transfer photos

jeffkell, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Samsung s6 not detected by Windows 10

The above reply does not refer to the precise problem with the Samsung S6. I also cannot connect my S6 to Windows 10 (eg to download photos or files) and I have a very new installation.

My phone also works well when plugged into Windows 7...

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

NicolaSanderson, Mar 21, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Can you take the SD card out and copy from there.

5. michael8 Win User
    Thanks for reply. I'm not very tech savvy so just checked on Google - says S6 doesn't have card slot - seems you need a few adapters to have SD card expansion functionality. Not sure that would be a desirable solution for my even less tech savvy father!

michael8, Mar 21, 2016
  6. I have an S6 and a Pavilion x360 running Windows 10. I simply plug in my S6 and it is first detected as a CD Drive. I ignore that and wait another 10 seconds or so, and it is re-recognized as the drive. Then I can copy music and photos to and from it. There are no extra drivers needed.

As long as the USB port is functioning properly, it should work. If not, you can try running Windows Update with the pone connected. If that still doesn't work, set up his Google Photos account using the Gmail account he has running on the S6. It's completely free.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
  7. michael8 Win User
    Thanks for reply, have just told him about Windows Update suggestion, will see if that works.

michael8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble copying photos from Samsung S6 to Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Having trouble copying

2. Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı: Son zamanlarda araştırırken yüklenebileceğini gördüm sadece yazılımın yapımcılarına yani size sormak istedim. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-tab-s6-lite-windows-10-ta%C5%9F%C4%B1r/a11128f4-a3a2-402a-8f63-3241a5a5e802
  3. Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı: Son zamanlarda araştırırken yüklenebileceğini gördüm sadece yazılımın yapımcılarına yani size sormak istedim. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-tab-s6-lite-windows-10-ta%C5%9F%C4%B1r/a11128f4-a3a2-402a-8f63-3241a5a5e802
  4. Samsung tab s6 lite windows 10 taşır mı

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 - Copy Photos from Samsung Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Copy Photos from Samsung Phone: Why won't my new Windows 11 laptop recognize my Samsung Galaxy S20 phone when I try to copy photos? I receive a popup message that Windows has failed to recognize the device. The photos are on a second card in the phone, and they add up to about 5GB. I've been using a USB C...
  6. Windows 11 - Copy Photos from Samsung Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Copy Photos from Samsung Phone: Why won't my new Windows 11 laptop recognize my Samsung Galaxy S20 phone when I try to copy photos? I receive a popup message that Windows has failed to recognize the device. The photos are on a second card in the phone, and they add up to about 5GB. I've been using a USB C...
  7. Photos and Videos copied from Samsung S9 to Laptop became very large files, possibly...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos and Videos copied from Samsung S9 to Laptop became very large files, possibly...: Hi All,I have ported over some files from my phone to my laptop but they seem to have been corrupted. I've dug into this issue but have yet to find a solution. Does anyone know if this issue is correctable? Or are my files completely lost? Any assistance would be much...
  8. samsung galaxy s6

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    samsung galaxy s6: sinse the recent update win 10 does not recognise my samsung galaxy s6. i had no problems prior to the update. usb recognition does not work yet recognises other such as controller. please advize....
  9. Having trouble with Windows Photo app -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having trouble with Windows Photo app -: When scrolling down list of photo folders, it constantly goes back to the top. So frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-windows-photo-app/572754cb-25cb-4240-9ecd-9468fa1be032"
  10. Samsung Galaxy S6 No longer recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Galaxy S6 No longer recognized by Windows 10: A month ago, I was able to connect phone via USB to both HP notebook (Envy) and HP Desktop (Pavilion 500-070) and transfer photo and video files from phone to computers and vice versa. Don't remember if it started after an update, but now neither computer recognizes when...