Windows 10: Having trouble deciding on a monitor...

Discus and support Having trouble deciding on a monitor... in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi everyone. Newfriend here. I'm planning on running a gtx 1080, but what monitor to use is such a huge choice with so many options its mind-blowing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by MjSwartz, Aug 3, 2018.

1. MjSwartz Win User

Having trouble deciding on a monitor...

Hi everyone. Newfriend here.

I'm planning on running a gtx 1080, but what monitor to use is such a huge choice with so many options its mind-blowing. pcpartpicker.com helped quite a bit though, and here's what I'm left with near the $400ish mark.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/fMcMnQ,BcTrxr,mNBrxr,4yGj4D/

Any input would be appreciated since I'm on the newer side of building anything and computer insides knowledge i'd put at a measly 4/10. one specific question i...

MjSwartz, Aug 3, 2018

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 3, 2018
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble deciding on a monitor... - Similar Threads - Having trouble deciding

2. I'm having trouble setting up dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble setting up dual monitors.: So I am trying to set up dual monitors one being my pc's current monitor and the other being a T.V. My pc doesn't have two HDMI ports so I am using an HDMI splitter but my PC cant detect a second monitor so it is just using both to displaying the same thing which I do not...
  3. I'm having trouble setting up dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm having trouble setting up dual monitors.: So I am trying to set up dual monitors one being my pc's current monitor and the other being a T.V. My pc doesn't have two HDMI ports so I am using an HDMI splitter but my PC cant detect a second monitor so it is just using both to displaying the same thing which I do not...
  4. I'm having trouble setting up dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.: I can't seem to get it to let me enable HDR no matter what I do. I'm definitely using HDR ready monitors (2 pixio px277 primes), I am using display port cables, I have an RTX 2080, and I've turned on 10 bpc color depth in the nvidia control panel. But in my system settings it...
  6. Trouble with 2 monitors?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble with 2 monitors?: Dear connoisseurs, I have a laptop running Windows 10 with an HDMI output. I want 2 monitors connected to this laptop (one works fine). I have a Y-piece and 2 corresponding HDMI cables. When I plug it all together, my laptop does not recognize neither 2 nor a monitor....
  7. headphones have decided not to work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headphones have decided not to work: so my headphones work perfectly well when plugged into other things but when i plug them into my laptop they dont work, and its weird because it turns down the volume of the speakers when i plug them in so i know the computer knows that somethings there. so i thought it was a...
  8. Trouble with double monitors

Trouble with double monitors: Hey, I just got a second monitor to connect up to my laptop. The second monitor is able to duplicate both the monitor works perfectly, but when I try to extend, the sharpness is all messed up and it's sorta blurry. The computer I'm using HP Elitebook 840 G1 has a 1366x768...
  9. Second Monitor trouble

Second Monitor trouble: I have 2 main problems that are probably connected. I use a laptop as my pc and connected a second monitor (aka the problem). 1: Every application magnifies on the second monitor, even the minute things become bigger and more compact. For example, in Fl studio, all the...
  10. Monitor Trouble

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Trouble: I have a Dell CRT monitor and a Geforce GT 610 graphics card. The monitor is behaving strangely and I am not sure whether I need to change the graphics card altogether, clean the dust out of the PC tower, or replace the monitor. After I boot the PC, I have to push the power...