Windows 10: Having trouble deleting printer

Discus and support Having trouble deleting printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rmdial, Mar 27, 2016.

1. rmdial Win User

Having trouble deleting printer

I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with Microsoft and Canon several hours over the last week. It still sits there as I type this. When I install the MX492 and update drivers, it still does not show on the printers list and is not recognized when I try to add a printer to the list.

The Canon tech I spoke to suggested there might be a corrupt file or malware somewhere not allowing the removal of the MX850. He suggested I create a new Admin account which would create a new registry and see how that worked. I did that and the MX492 shows up on the printers list and is the default printer.

When I am on my old admin sign on where the MX850 shows up, I can print in Word and Quicken on the MX492 even though it does not show as a printer on the printer page.

So, what to do?

Thanks in advance.

:)

rmdial, Mar 27, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

For anybody having trouble deleting Windows.old Folder

Hi! OzAussie

Thanks for posting in the Community forum. As one solution may not work and one may. Makes the issue relevant. W10 settings > storage is meant to remove the old windows. So the issue would be what caused the issue in the first place. What was the difference
    between those that did and those that didn't so it works all.

Teddy2016, Mar 27, 2016
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    For anybody having trouble deleting Windows.old Folder

A lot of people are asking how to and are having trouble deleting the Windows.old folder from their computers to free up the space. After trying many suggestions posted on here which did not work, I finally found a Free program called "Iobit Unlocker" which
    I downloaded and used and it deleted the Windows.old folder in seconds without any problems !! Link is below.

IObit Unlocker, Solution for "undelete files or folders" Problems on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 10 - IObit

WindowsOS, Mar 27, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

To check for corrupt system files, run sfc /scannow.

To remove malware lurking in the shadows, run AdwCleaner, then Malwarebytes Antimalware Free.

If still unsuccessful after this, you might just want to copy your user files to the new admin account and delete the old account. Actually, if you delete the old account, Windows will ask you if you want to delete the data as well; you can say "no", and it will save the user data in a folder on your new desktop. But if it were me, I would copy it over myself first. *Wink

simrick, Mar 27, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    You can try this:
    download: DriverStore Explorer [RAPR] - Home . Right click and run as Admin. Click on Enumerate and look for the Printer is on the list, put a check mark on it, check mark on "Force Deletion" then Delete Package. Make sure you have the Printer disconnected from the PC.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble deleting printer - Similar Threads - Having trouble deleting

2. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.: I'm having trouble deleting or changing ownership of a file in my appdata that I put there. It keeps saying that I need admin permission to do either though I am the sole user and owner of this computer. When i go to change the ownership of said file it says I don't have...
  3. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.: I'm having trouble deleting or changing ownership of a file in my appdata that I put there. It keeps saying that I need admin permission to do either though I am the sole user and owner of this computer. When i go to change the ownership of said file it says I don't have...
  4. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  6. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  7. Having trouble with network printers suddenly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble with network printers suddenly disconnecting.: I work for a small business that has 6 printers connected to our network, 2 are connected directly into the network while the other 4 are connected by USB and shared to the network by the computer they are plugged into. I am the unofficial tech expert of my business, and have...
  8. having trouble while connecting printer to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    having trouble while connecting printer to wifi: i am facing a trouble how to connect canon mg2922 printer to wifi in windows 7.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-while-connecting-printer-to-wifi/386dc4e7-d800-42f4-9bb3-bf0c0d31e254
  9. Printer trouble

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer trouble: I have installed my new Coler LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. It prints a test page and it is able to print from Notepad. It is however not able to print from any office or adobe software and all the software is original. The strange thing is that if I log on as administrator it is...
  10. Having trouble deleting this file

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble deleting this file: [img] I want to delete this file but every time I click on it this pops up and I can't delete it. 47737