Windows 10: Having trouble deleting this file

Discus and support Having trouble deleting this file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I want to delete this file but every time I click on it this pops up and I can't delete it. 47737 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave222, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Dave222 Win User

Having trouble deleting this file

Having trouble deleting this file [​IMG]
    I want to delete this file but every time I click on it this pops up and I can't delete it.

:)

Dave222, Apr 18, 2016
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

For anybody having trouble deleting Windows.old Folder

Hi! OzAussie

Thanks for posting in the Community forum. As one solution may not work and one may. Makes the issue relevant. W10 settings > storage is meant to remove the old windows. So the issue would be what caused the issue in the first place. What was the difference
    between those that did and those that didn't so it works all.

Teddy2016, Apr 18, 2016
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    For anybody having trouble deleting Windows.old Folder

A lot of people are asking how to and are having trouble deleting the Windows.old folder from their computers to free up the space. After trying many suggestions posted on here which did not work, I finally found a Free program called "Iobit Unlocker" which
    I downloaded and used and it deleted the Windows.old folder in seconds without any problems !! Link is below.

IObit Unlocker, Solution for "undelete files or folders" Problems on Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 10 - IObit

WindowsOS, Apr 18, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Dave222 and welcome to Tenforums.

I can't tell for sure, because the left column isn't wide enough, but it looks like that folder may be a "recent" folder, and not necessarily really there? It says it's on drive H - do you have drive H connected at the moment?

simrick, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Having trouble deleting this file - Similar Threads - Having trouble deleting

2. Having trouble with a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble with a file: I can open the file I'm having trouble with normally, but when I upload it anywhere it says: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-a-file/b32d93cf-3fe9-47e4-9b91-704ca92bc85f
  3. Having trouble with a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble with a file: I can open the file I'm having trouble with normally, but when I upload it anywhere it says: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-a-file/b32d93cf-3fe9-47e4-9b91-704ca92bc85f
  4. Having trouble with a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.: I'm having trouble deleting or changing ownership of a file in my appdata that I put there. It keeps saying that I need admin permission to do either though I am the sole user and owner of this computer. When i go to change the ownership of said file it says I don't have...
  6. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.: I'm having trouble deleting or changing ownership of a file in my appdata that I put there. It keeps saying that I need admin permission to do either though I am the sole user and owner of this computer. When i go to change the ownership of said file it says I don't have...
  7. Having trouble deleteing or changing ownership of files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  9. Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.

Having trouble deleting a certain shortcut.: I've tried putting it in the recycle bin and it just won't work. I've tried using the delete key. I've tried just normally deleting it and nothing is working. By the way, with windows 11, why aren't my advanced function keys working anymore? I use a laptop....
  10. Having trouble deleting printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble deleting printer: I have had a Canon Pixma MX850 for several years and it has been a workhorse. Recently I purchased a Canon Pixma MX492 for the added wifi capability. Under no circumstances am I able to remove the MX850 from the Printers and Devices menu. I have been on the phone with...