Windows 10: Having trouble removing touchpad delay from windows 10 home edition

Discus and support Having trouble removing touchpad delay from windows 10 home edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Touchpad delay is a setting in regards to a laptop's touchpad, where a click cannot be performed while a user is typing or holding a key. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ronno, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ronno Win User

Having trouble removing touchpad delay from windows 10 home edition

Hi all,
    Touchpad delay is a setting in regards to a laptop's touchpad, where a click cannot be performed while a user is typing or holding a key. I wish to remove this delay.
    I'm having a problem with a non-removable touchpad delay for windows 10 home edition (version 1709, build 16299.125). I remember in older versions of windows 10, a user would be able to go into settings -> mouse and touchpad and set the touchpad delay to none. However in this version, the setting has been split into mouse, and touchpad (separate) - neither of these contain the option for changing the touchpad delay. My touchpad is synaptics, with driver version 19.3.4 121 (Fully up-to-date).
    What I've already tried:
    - Updating windows
    - Updating drivers
    - Going into the registry and changing the AAPThreshhold index to 0, then restarting pc (This SHOULD remove any touchpad delay, but hasn't).
    - Uninstalling synaptics driver and restarting pc in the hopes that the windows default touchpad driver will be automatically installed (This has worked for others, but in my case the driver did not get installed).
    - Changing the touchpad sensitivity to "most sensitive".
    - Going into advanced mouse options, and removing palm interference from driver settings (Driver settings does not seem to appear on this version of windows 10).

Thanks very much for any help, much appreciated!

:)

Ronno, Apr 3, 2018

2. Remove windows technical preview

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

You may try to load the Windows 8.1 home edition and then try to upgrade to Windows 10 Home for free.

If not, you may have to purchase the Windows 10 home or pro to upgrade from the enterprise edition.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Synaptics TouchPad Delay [Windows 10]

On Windows 8 and 8.1 on my Toshiba Satellite C75D-B7260 the TouchPad will always work when the delay is set to "No Delay (always on)" mode.

But,

Since updating to Windows 10 the delay has returned, this time for good!

I've tried everything to my knowledge;

• reset touchpad settings from Synaptics settings.
    • change delay to each setting (seems to have no difference at all)
    • Edit Registry settings for the touchpad by setting all PalmCheck and TPType related settings to 0.
    • Resetting all settings I could find.
    • Restarting PC, several times..
    Please give me any advice you can! I'd love to play games again.

burntscarr, Apr 3, 2018
Thema:

Having trouble removing touchpad delay from windows 10 home edition

1. Having trouble removing touchpad delay from windows 10 home edition - Similar Threads - Having trouble removing

2. Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 Home to

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble upgrading from Windows 10 Home to: I have a product key that can supposedly upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro. When I enter the key, it opens an window that has a "start" button to start upgrading. However, at the "preparing for upgrade" screen, when it's 100% the process stops and my screen shows me this...
  3. Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update: Using windows 10 with update is a very painful process. Each time i update, at least one device in my laptop stopped working. Last time it was Bluetooth. After latest update bluetooth is OK but now it is touchpad. My computer doesn't recognize keyboard when wake up after a...
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Edition Touchpad Not working after Update: Using windows 10 with update is a very painful process. Each time i update, at least one device in my laptop stopped working. Last time it was Bluetooth. After latest update bluetooth is OK but now it is touchpad. My computer doesn't recognize keyboard when wake up after a...
  5. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  6. Having Trouble Disabling the Touchpad Zoom Featue Windows 10

Having Trouble Disabling the Touchpad Zoom Featue Windows 10: I've followed the steps to disable the touchpad zoom feature for windows 10; however, it doesn't give me the option to check/uncheck for disabling the feature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks bunches . . . . KVB...
  7. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  8. Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removal of automatic message on Windows 10 Home Edition: I recently read an article showing how you can write a customized message that is displayed each time Windows is booted. The method I used was to run regedit and follow the instructions. I navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current...
  9. Having trouble changing from Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Home (The normal...

Having trouble changing from Windows 10 Home Single Language to Windows 10 Home (The normal...: I figured I could save some download time by installing the single language version of Windows 10 Home. As I already have a key linked to my account for Windows 10 Home, I figured this would work with my Windows key just fine - it didn't. Now it says I need to activate...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition removed touchpad settings: 1st time post, When I used my Surface 3 tablet for typing and had attached a WiFi mouse, the touchpad settings allowed me to disengage the keyboard's touchpad, freeing me from accidentally touching the touchpad while typing, (extremely useful with my butterfingers). I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing touchpad delay

2. aapthreshhold

3. windows 10 remove touchpad delay

4. remove touchpad delay win10,
  5. removing touchpad delay windows 10 home,
  6. touchpad on windows 10 home edition