Windows 10: Having trouble switching to local account

Discus and support Having trouble switching to local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I havent had Windows 10 that long and I seem to have set this up with a Microsoft account (a specific email address combined with a password) that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rocks911, May 2, 2017.

1. rocks911 Win User

Having trouble switching to local account

So I havent had Windows 10 that long and I seem to have set this up with a Microsoft account (a specific email address combined with a password) that logs me into, well I guess, the Microsoft store?

So I just wanted to switch to a local account (cause thats all I want or need) and while I think I've done that successfully I couldnt tell you what my password is to access my local account, or if there is a password at all.

How do I go about determining what my credentials are for my local account? I ask because I have an android device (Nvidia Shield) that can no longer connect to my PC and I dont know how to go about enabling that function.

Also every time I now boot into my local account I get a pop-up that says "Microsoft Account...You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device" - What the?

Microsoft have really messed this up, or maybe I have, but I'm quite confused at this point and any help would be appreciated.

:)

rocks911, May 2, 2017

2. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead creates a new profile in Windows 10

Yes, I have set a pin on the local account. I have observed in the forums that the PIN seems to give troubles, so I have tried it with and without a PIN on the local account. That doesn't seem to change the behaviour of trying to convert the local account
    to a Microsoft account.

With or without a local PIN, my attempt to convert the local account to a Microsoft account stumbles *after* the "Make it yours" page on the setting of a PIN. I don't know whether this is a symptom of the problem or not. I am expecting to see the "Switch
    to a Microsoft account on this PC" page as documented by many. I never see the "Switch to a Microsoft account on this PC" page.

mcrobert57, May 2, 2017
  3. Windows Store Error 0x803F7000

same here I did update thinking the problem would fix I have tried trouble shooting and switching the account along with the local account so far nothing is working

taylorhodges, May 2, 2017
  4. rocks911 Win User

Nevermind, figured it out.

rocks911, May 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Having trouble switching to local account - Similar Threads - Having trouble switching

2. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to switch to a local account: Hey ,Recently I have update to windows 10 professional and logged in as administrator with a Microsoft account which is connected to my Edu mail . Now i want to switch my Microsoft account without losing any of my data saved as that particular user . For the same purpose i...
  3. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to switch to a local account: Hey ,Recently I have update to windows 10 professional and logged in as administrator with a Microsoft account which is connected to my Edu mail . Now i want to switch my Microsoft account without losing any of my data saved as that particular user . For the same purpose i...
  4. unable to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Having trouble switching

Having trouble switching: Hello! I just bought a new bluetooth headphone. I generally work at my desk so I have it connected to my laptop with an aux cable. However, when I try to switch to bluetooth connection, even when the video is playing or the other person is speaking the headphone plays...
  6. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  7. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  8. Switching to a local account

Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...
  9. Cant Switch to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cant Switch to local account: Hello so when i first got windows 10 i had a local account and used it as normal then for some reason i added my microsoft account and now everytime i log in i need to use the microsoft account, just now i tried to switch it to the local account and i got this error any...
  10. More local account trouble

in Windows 10 Support
    More local account trouble: After I succeeded to install W10TP with a local account - which we know is not obvious and probably impossible to do by most users - I now get nagged with IMPORTANT security alerts if I don't sign into the MS account. Does anybody know what the possible security issue with a...