Windows 10: Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website

Discus and support Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Office Home and Business 2016 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by linda f, Feb 8, 2017.

1. linda f Win User

Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website

Office Home and Business 2016

linda f, Feb 9, 2017
  2. linda f Win User

Going out to do my barn chores. Will be back later....thanks again.

linda f, Feb 9, 2017
  3. Have you set Office Outlook 2016 up or do you use your browser to go to Outlook.com?

Caledon Ken, Feb 9, 2017
  4. linda f Win User

I use my browser to go to Outlook.com.....didn't realize I had to set anything up on Office Outlook 2016. Maybe I should look into that.

linda f, Feb 10, 2017
  5. Yes. So it has been opening Outlook 2016 and because it is not setup nothing is sent. It is strange that it is not giving you an error. I tried it on one of my machines and it says a profile has not been set up so I actually can't go further. Yours is actually presenting the "Compose" window, may be you started a setup and didn't fully complete. I think you said you start to type your friends name and it populates. Interesting.

Outlook 2016 works nice but it is not for everyone. If you start to create your own "Personal" folders then you have to keep them backed up, so keep your folders within your outlook.com account when using Outlook 2016. If you create in Outlook 2016, under your outlook.com account, it will show up when you use your browser. Always watch within Outlook 2016 that you use the contacts, calendar etc from your Outlook.com account as well.

If you set up a profile and use your outlook.com account as one of your mail services Microsoft has really automated the setup as an Exchange account, so not POP or IMAP. It keeps everything in sync.

At least now you know why your emails aren't going anywhere.

Caledon Ken, Feb 10, 2017
  6. linda f Win User
    I went in to Outlook via the program rather than my browser. I found all the emails that were never sent sitting in my outbox. The other thing I noticed is that the outlook button on the bottom of the screen has a warning symbol. I believe it is telling me that I am not connected. I did go into "send/receive and clicked on "work offline" and then clicked on it again. It will connect me, but only briefly.

I was able to open the email and resend them........but they still didn't go to the recipient, they just disappeared and then outlook would not let me open anything else. It would give me this.

Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website [​IMG]

It would give me that message even when I was "connected".

linda f, Feb 12, 2017
  7. We may be chasing a no win.

As you did not setup Outlook something else has done some of the work for you and, well, it is a mess.

Delete what ever accounts are set up in Outlook 2016, be sure you are in Outlook 2016, and then add your Outlook.com account.

Caledon Ken, Feb 12, 2017
  8. linda f Win User

Thanks again for the time you spent on this. You gave me a direction to go in.....I didn't have that before. Looks like I will need to clean things up on my end.

linda f, Feb 14, 2017
  9. Sorry I was a little rushed yesterday.

If you click file, upper left, a window opens. Just to the right is account settings box. Click on it and then on the words "account settings". This will open a Window. If there are "accounts" I would delete. You will see the "X" for delete.

Now you can create a new account. You can use your outlook.com email account. Take the defaults and click through. It will link your outlook.com account. You should see your account and all it folders being populated. These should match web folders. If you add folders add them under your email account. (I say this as you can add personal folders which will only be on your computer and you will be responsible for backups).

If you add contacts or use calendar always add to your outlook.com account not to "This computer Only"

Now Outlook 2016 is a rich, full functioning email client and you can customize forever. You can add other accounts like say your gmail so all your mail will be in one place.

All that said Outlook can get ornery, I mean miserable. Yesterday mine wouldn't sync, just said syncing. I check all the regular places for answers. Nothing work. I shut Windows down restarted and everything was fine. So by all means use it, just realize it will provide you more opportunities to post on forums and meet their members. LOL

Good luck

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble with emails sent directly from a website - Similar Threads - Having trouble emails

2. I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...: I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft folder. Where do I look to resend without scheduling now?...
  3. I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft...: I have scheduled various emails but they haven’t been sent. Emails are not in sent or draft folder. Where do I look to resend without scheduling now?...
  4. emails sent on website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails sent on website: Hi all, Whenever I send an email from a website I use Thunderbird for most email., it obviously does not go to the sent box. Are these mails retrievable? I use Win 10. Thanks, Jim...
  5. Direct show trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Direct show trouble: Running Win10 ver 1909 build 18363.959. Recently direct show fails when selected in Subtitle Edit. VLC and MPC-HC display fine. I am assuming quartz.dll is damaged. sfc /scannow did some repairs but the log file has no mention of quartz. This computer was searched for...
  6. Missing content from sent emails.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing content from sent emails.: When I try to review emails I have sent, most, but not all are missing the content I wrote. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-content-from-sent-emails/95babf35-6a9b-4809-b50f-55cebb0d20d1
  7. scam emails sent from my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scam emails sent from my account: I am sending out scam emails from my account loads of them. I can see them in my sent folder. I cant change my password as I updated my security information and cant get into my account until 23/5/20, I tried to recover my account but don't seem to give enough right answers,...
  8. Having Trouble Logging into one specific website from Lenovo laptop.

Having Trouble Logging into one specific website from Lenovo laptop.: Hello, I am having trouble logging into one specific web site which is coveredca.com.. The page loads up fine, but when I click on the sign in button at the top of the page, it creates a pop-up and takes me to another page, once I enter my log in information, it will stay...
  9. Saving photos in email sent from iphone

in Browsers and Email
    Saving photos in email sent from iphone: Every .jpg file I receive in outlook is accompanied by an untitled attachment text file when it's sent from an iphone . EX : image.jpg Untitled Attachment xyz.txt . Many times I get emails with 20 photo attachments from relatives on vacation . Saving the photo attachments...
  10. Sent Emails

Sent Emails: Suddenly all the emails in my sent file transferred to the in box. Why. How do I get them back again there are over 2000 of them. Also everytime I want to send an email I have to put my password in? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble emailing from a web site