Windows 10: HD 7970 works up to right after I sign in to desktop.

Discus and support HD 7970 works up to right after I sign in to desktop. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; While showing its age a bit , it still works well, until it would artifact and go black. Inspecting the TIM and thermal pads I saw or thought it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by python134r, Oct 23, 2016.

1. HD 7970 works up to right after I sign in to desktop.

While showing its age a bit , it still works well, until it would artifact and go black.

Inspecting the TIM and thermal pads I saw or thought it was a heat issue due to that are as old as the dead sea scrolls.

Purchased some fujipoly pads for Memory, 1.5m and for VRM (same), replaced them and the TIM [AS5]on GPU.

So, booted up into windows 10 1607 and after 10 min temps soared display went black.

Replaced with an old ATI X1950 pro with Microsoft basic display driver. (it works at resolutions that can be seen from the ISS). Plus no legacy drivers work with it anymore.

Any suggestions, will re-seat H/S/F later tonight, hope it works.......*Huh

:)

python134r, Oct 23, 2016
  2. Mama_Baer Win User

Most if not all games suffering massive stuttering and lag.

Nope. Talking about Starcraft 2 mainly.

Specs:

CPU: Intel 3820

GPU: Radeon HD 7970

Ram: 16 GB ram

Mama_Baer, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update 2 slow boot two pc

Same issue desktop pc i5 2320/8gb/7970/ssd .

nicolas squaglia, Oct 23, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

HD 7970 works up to right after I sign in to desktop.

l had an old Power Color AMD Readon HD 4850 do the exact same thing and I did the exact same steps to fix it. It turns out that the card itself was just going bad. It happens.

Plankton, Oct 23, 2016
  5. It works fine until I either game and / or stream and then temps rise real fast and fan does not compensate, might look for a aftermarket cooler for gpu and vrm.

python134r, Oct 26, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    You can try that....but I still thinking it's the card going bad. You might want to just take the money and add some more to the total and get a new GPU. The new RX 480 for $250 give or take $30 depending on manufacturer.

Plankton, Oct 26, 2016
  7. Yeah, your right. I'll take it on the boat and it will be sleeping with the fishes like Luca Brasi.
    I replaced it with a R9 290X for $90 shipped.
    Works fine.....

Attachment 107852

python134r, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HD 7970 works up to right after I sign in to desktop.

1. HD 7970 works up to right after I sign in to desktop. - Similar Threads - 7970 works right

2. Why want desktop come up after I sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why want desktop come up after I sign in?: I turn my laptop on and put in my pin. From this point I can't go any further. I can't get to mt desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-want-desktop-come-up-after-i-sign-in/1bddb81c-e4f6-4ace-b198-cffb55f13c07
  3. Why want desktop come up after I sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why want desktop come up after I sign in?: I turn my laptop on and put in my pin. From this point I can't go any further. I can't get to mt desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-want-desktop-come-up-after-i-sign-in/1bddb81c-e4f6-4ace-b198-cffb55f13c07
  4. Right click on Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop not working: Everytime I press right click on my desktop, it makes the cursor start loading (turns in into the blue spinning ring) then just refreshes the desktop. Anyone know a solution? (still happens if I dont right click an application, and just the desktop itself). submitted by...
  5. Right click not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not working on Desktop: Hi, I reset my laptop yesterday and now when I right-click mouse/trackpad on the Desktop, it doesn't do anything. I just get a spinning circle like it's loading. I didn't have this issue prior to the reset. I have tried restarting the File Explorer, tried DSIM, and...
  6. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  7. Right Click on Desktop not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click on Desktop not working!: When I press right click on the desktop, the cursor goes into 'loading' mode and doesn't open the menu. However, elsewhere the right click works fine such as selecting files and viewing their properties inside the file manager, including on the desktop icons. Just not around...
  8. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  9. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  10. Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in

Cursor moves up left for right of the screen right after signing in: Right after signing in, the cursor moves up the screen left or right. It even stops working while I'm in whatever sites and the computer freezes. This also happens on other site pages and games. I try restarting, but that doesn't resolve the problem. I look into the...