Windows 10: HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

Discus and support HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, First of all, I have asked exactly the same question but didn't get an answer, but got some recommendations done and after some time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sepehr Mohammadi, Aug 16, 2018.

1. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

Hi there,

First of all, I have asked exactly the same question but didn't get an answer, but got some recommendations done and after some time I replied some of the solutions, but no response!

I guess I have to ask AGAIN!

I have an ASUS laptop with these specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ

RAM: 16GB DDR4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 960m + Intel HD Graphics 530

2TB HDD + 128GB SSD

Windows 10 v1709 x64

Windows is installed on the SSD drive to perform faster, but it seems like it has a problem with the HDD drives. When I try to browse the files on the HDD (opening documents, music, etc.) after some time, the computer (or the app which is used to open the files) freezes for 2-3 seconds and then it responds again, and it keeps doing this!

I checked Task Manager for disk usage. When the apps freeze, the disk usage for the HDD goes up to 100 and it responds again when it comes to 0 or a number near that.

Note: I updated windows to v1803 after asking this question to check if it is windows-related or not. Nothing happened, all same!

Is there a conflict between SSD and HDD?

Thanks in Advance!

:)

Sepehr Mohammadi, Aug 16, 2018

2. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back

Actually, the Processes Tab doesn't show the exact Disk Usage, it's usually 10% (When Freezes) . Only the Performance Tab shows 100%.

Also, the top 5 processes depends on what file I'm opening. For Movies, the Movies&TV app goes first with 1.5 Mb/s disk usage at most.

3. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back

Hi there,

I have an ASUS laptop with these specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ

RAM: 16GB DDR4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 960m + Intel HD Graphics 530

2TB HDD + 128GB SSD

Windows 10 v1709 x64

Windows is installed on the SSD drive to perform faster, but it seems like it has a problem with the HDD drives. When I try to browse the files on the HDD (opening documents, music, etc.) after some time, the computer (or the app which is used to open the
    files) freezes for 2-3 seconds and then it responds again, and it keeps doing this!

I checked Task Manager for disk usage. When the apps freeze, the disk usage for the HDD goes up to 100 and it responds again when it comes to 0 or a number near that.

Is there a conflict between SSD and HDD?

Thanks in Advance!

4. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

Disk Usage at 100% with nothing running

My PC is running Windows 10 with the latest updates but has suddenly become unusable with disk usage staying at 100% even with nothing running and just the same processes listed in Task Manager as before the problems
    started. I've tried a few suggestions found in online forums - disabling Windows Search and Superfetch, adjusting page file size, etc. but nothing has done the trick yet. I don't have any outside anti-virus software installed. I read about the potential MSI
    issue but don't have IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers listed in the Device Manager. Finally, it seems to boot up normally and will have periods where the disk usage drops and it's usable but those moments are brief and it inevitably goes back up to 100% usage.

TONeill_1313, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

1. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask) - Similar Threads - HDD Disk Usage

2. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 disk usage on startup HDD: Hello!I'm getting 100% disk usage every time on startup. It usually went down after a couple of minutes. Services like sys main take up to 99% or 100%. It kinda slows down my laptop. I'm on HDD and is there a way to solve this without upgrading to SSD? I already turned off...
  3. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 disk usage on startup HDD: Hello!I'm getting 100% disk usage every time on startup. It usually went down after a couple of minutes. Services like sys main take up to 99% or 100%. It kinda slows down my laptop. I'm on HDD and is there a way to solve this without upgrading to SSD? I already turned off...
  4. 100 disk usage on startup HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  6. 100% disk usage HDD

100% disk usage HDD: so when load up my computer my pc is slow and is at 100% disk usage when i go to task manger to look at processes it says my disk is at 25% but when i go to performance it shows it is at 100% non stop my memory is at 5.7 out of 15.7 36% cpu at 2% gpu at 6% any ideas how to...
  7. 100% disk usage HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Disk and RAM usage goes to 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk and RAM usage goes to 100%: Hello everyone, I've bought a new computer about 6 weeks ago. Everything worked fine, up until these last few days. After a few hours of using it, it starts lagging more and more, to the point where it freezes completely. I've managed to catch a glimpse on the taskbar, which...
  9. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask): Hi there, First of all, I have asked exactly the same question but didn't get an answer, but got some recommendations done and after some time I replied some of the solutions, but no response! I guess I have to ask AGAIN! I have an ASUS laptop with these specs: CPU:...
  10. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back: Hi there, I have an ASUS laptop with these specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ RAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 960m + Intel HD Graphics 530 2TB HDD + 128GB SSD Windows 10 v1709 x64 Windows is installed on the SSD drive to perform faster, but it seems like it has a...