Windows 10: HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

Discus and support HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage. I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated. But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dRn, Jul 11, 2017.

1. DRN
    dRn Win User

HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

Hello

I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage.

I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated.

But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle(i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical noise that i hate and also reduces the HDD lifetime.

So i checked for virus, defragged the drives and disabled index on D: (HDD letter) and disabled windows search service but it didnt solved the problem.

On Sysinternals i found a lot of windows process going into my HDD drive

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Screenshot Screenshot

How can i solve this super annoying problem? *Sad

Sorry for bad english

:)

2. HDD doesnt stay on idle

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the noise was coming from the device itself, there's a possibility that something must be out of alignment inside the device. There's a possibility that this is a hardware issue. We suggest that you contact the device manufacturer
    for further assessment of your device.

All the best.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 11, 2017
  3. dRn76 Win User
    HDD doesnt stay on idle

Hello

I use my WD 1TB blue just for storage.

I have Windows 10 x64 CU updated.

But on the last weeks my HDD always spins up after a few minutes on idle (i put to idle after 10 minutes on energy settings). So i start digging the cause because it makes that mechanical noise that i hate
    and also reduces the HDD lifetime.

So i checked for virus, defragged the drives and disabled index on D: (HDD letter) and disabled windows search service but it didnt solved the problem.

On Sysinternals i found a lot of windows process going into my HDD drive

Imgur

Screenshot

Screenshot

How can i solve this super annoying problem? HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes :(

Sorry for bad english

dRn76, Jul 11, 2017
Thema:

HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes

1. HDD doesnt stay on idle more than a few minutes - Similar Threads - HDD doesnt stay

2. My Asus zenbook will not stay on for more than a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus zenbook will not stay on for more than a few seconds.: While doing the latest windows update, my zenbook crashed and now it powers down within seconds of trying to do anything. I can get to bios screen and the blue screen with the repair options, but it won't let me do anything without shutting down. Any thoughts?...
  3. My Asus zenbook will not stay on for more than a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus zenbook will not stay on for more than a few seconds.: While doing the latest windows update, my zenbook crashed and now it powers down within seconds of trying to do anything. I can get to bios screen and the blue screen with the repair options, but it won't let me do anything without shutting down. Any thoughts?...
  4. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  5. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds: Hello,I use a Dell XPS 15 computer that runs Windows 10; the device is pretty new less than three years old and as far as i am aware, everything is up-to-date.I utilize a lot of software programs such as Maya, Blender, Adobe products, ect, and up until recently, all of these...
  6. Mouse pointer freezes if idle for more than a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.: For some reason a few days ago, it started staying in the sleep mode without me doing anything. But then after a couple days it went back to staying in sleep mode for only a few minutes. Nothing was changed on the computer settings....
  8. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.: For some reason a few days ago, it started staying in the sleep mode without me doing anything. But then after a couple days it went back to staying in sleep mode for only a few minutes. Nothing was changed on the computer settings....
  9. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

10. wont stay on for more than a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wont stay on for more than a minute: Hello, My desktop hp keeps turning off/ sleeping. I have both setting set to Never and it still turns off. I have also gone into "additional power settings" and have also chose never for "change when the computer sleeps" and "choose when to turn off the display" I have...