Windows 10: HDD error - PC freezes after 10-15 minutes of usage

Discus and support HDD error - PC freezes after 10-15 minutes of usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, to start off the story of how I had issues with my computer in the past few months: I have been having some freezing issues with my PC. I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mihailo, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Mihailo Win User

HDD error - PC freezes after 10-15 minutes of usage

Okay, to start off the story of how I had issues with my computer in the past few months:

I have been having some freezing issues with my PC. I came to a conclusion it was my graphics card so I bought a new one. Worked out pretty well but a month later my PC started freezing up again. A day after that started happening, it started failing to boot up. And once it does boot up (from like 10th try) it just froze couple of minutes after I used it. I opened BIOS and came to a conclusion my hard disk is about to die. I replaced it with a new one. Everything worked fine until today when it started freezing up again (but only when I'm ig, as far as I noticed). Then I would reset it. Sometimes it would give me a message that goes "A disk read error occured. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" and I would do as said and it would boot up properly but still continue to freeze when I'm playing for some 5-6 minutes. I can't really detect the problem except knowing that it has something to do with HDD. As for software - I haven't been downloading anything that could carry a virus, I was really careful with that.
    It started giving me "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" which just bugs my PC out and makes me restart it. It happened earlier with the old hard disk too. Before that, it gave me "4th Master Hard Disk Error press f1 to resume" message upon turning the PC on. I don't know what's the issue because the hard disk is new and I don't know what's messing it up.

:)

Mihailo, Oct 2, 2017

2. windows 10 pro n is freezing

i have dell Optiplex 9020

core i 7

ram 6 GB

HDD 500 GB

my pc had before windows 7 professional it worked perfect i formatted it and install windows 10 PRO N. after 20 minute or 15 minute the

pc is freezing and i have to make force shut down from power button

Move from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers ]

mohawawa011, Oct 2, 2017
  3. BobnTN Win User
    After Anniversary update, PC maxes out HDD

After Anniversary update, pc maxes out HDD intermittently for a few seconds up to a few minutes and at no certain task or time.

This of course, freezes the pc from any activity until the HDD light goes out.

Started immediately after update.

Tried to revert back from update but said needed files not found.

BobnTN, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forums. Did you do a clean install on the new drive or did you clone it? If you cloned it then it's highly likely it's copied the bad blocks to the new drive and some files may have been corrupted from the old drive

Samuria, Oct 2, 2017
    • Try a different port for the SATA/IDE cables
    • If you have more than 1 HDD, leave only the HDD with Windows installed and test multiple SATA/IDE ports and cables
    • The SATA/IDE cables could be damaged try different SATA/IDE cables

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. HDD error - PC freezes after 10-15 minutes of usage - Similar Threads - HDD error freezes

2. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  3. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze after few minutes of usage: Hello.i want to find a solution about my crashing PC, i wonder if someone can help me.so at first i use my computer normally, but then it starts freezing, i can't click anything, can't do Ctrl + Alt + Del, after a while it shows the blue screen of death with various code,...
  4. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC freeze after few minutes of usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  7. Pc freezes after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes after a few minutes: Ive had my pc for a few years but the most recent upgrade was December of 2022. Ive had problems with the pc not booting in may, but that was solved by turning off c-state in bios. For the past week my pc has been freezeing on idle and the only way to fix it was a hard...
  8. Pc freezes after a few minutes

9. PC freezes 10 minutes after closing games

PC freezes 10 minutes after closing games: I've been having this issue for a month now. Out of nowhere my PC suddenly freezes after I close the game I played. It can be fortnite, valorant, or something not even that demanding like rocket league. I can play for 10 mins, 1 hr, or even 5 hours, it still freezes just a...
  10. HDD is sitting at 100% usage for 5 minutes after boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD is sitting at 100% usage for 5 minutes after boot: Hello everyone, I am running Windows 10 version 1903 on a Western Digital Black 1TB drive (model number WD1003FZEX-00K3CA0). As the title implies, every time that I start my computer it is sitting at 100% disk usage for several minutes, usually around 5. It's also quite...