Windows 10: HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

Discus and support HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hassanyf, Aug 26, 2018.

1. hassanyf Win User

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%.

But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the read/write on that drive is fine. I can play a movie fine from this HDD but not on the other.

What could be the reason?

:)

hassanyf, Aug 26, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 26, 2018
  3. mc510 Win User
    Insanely slow HDD random read/write

I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium B960; HM65 Express chipset using the Microsoft Standard SATA AHCI Controller driver. Windows update doesn't have any driver updates; Intel driver tool returns nothing; Asus website has no Windows 10 drivers. I'm at a loss, any suggestions?

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds [​IMG]

mc510, Aug 26, 2018
  4. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

Low Read and Write disk speeds (Windows 10)

the boot speed is fine, used to be slow but i fixed that. The main issue is the disk speeds. because i notice on start up after boot the disk is 100% with very poor write and read speeds. Focus on the Hard disk please. "There
    is a lot of system HD writing." is this fixable?

Joe Boughton, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

1. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds - Similar Threads - HDD caddy slow

2. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: Hello to everyone Let me explain the problem as follows: The hdd read and write speeds I plugged into the cnddy slot are very bad, there was no such problem before, then there was such a problem, how can I solve it 178342
  3. could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    could game lag sometimes be caused by hdd write/read speeds?: I have Minecraft bedrock on my laptop, and it crashes all the time, no matter what. I've also noticed lots of lag, even on the lowest settings on java & bedrcock. I've got a 2015 Toshiba satellite c55-b5100 and, well. Lets say, the hard drive is kind of slow and old, 5...
  4. Slow SSD Write Speed

Slow SSD Write Speed: Slow SSD Write Speed Windows 10 build 1909 Recently I have installed 480 GB AS340 PANTHER SATA III SSD. I was getting good Read and write speed well above 500 MB/s Read, and 300 MB/s write. But it's been one week now I am getting my writing speed throttled in a midway. From...
  5. Slow write speed of transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow write speed of transfer: My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!...
  6. Read and write speed

Read and write speed: Hello and my name is Lorenzo. I have an HDD that has a sequential read of 200mbs and a write of 187. I am getting 2mbs when downloading from steam. My hard drive in the device manager says ST2000dm006-2dm164. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. Slow write speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow write speed: Hi, best wishes for 2019! I've noticed lately that my writing speed is quite low. I mean when I copy/paste a large file from one disk to another, or from one disk to an USB external HDD. Things I tried already: - Disk Cleanup - Ccleaner - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  8. Slow HDD read and write speeds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow HDD read and write speeds: Has MS solved the slow HDD read and write problems on Win 10? Is there an official fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-hdd-read-and-write-speeds/ef724e8b-5a8d-46f7-9e41-8073d3692146
  9. HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds

HDD in caddy slow read/write speeds: I have a TOSHIBA 1TB HDD which is inside a caddy. When I copy a file from the HDD, the copying starts from 20mb/s to 0KB to Calculating and eventually, the explorer crashes. I open Task Manager and the Disk shows at 100%. But when I plug in another 320GB HITACHI drive, the...
  10. Insanely slow HDD random read/write

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insanely slow HDD random read/write: I'm playing tech support for a relative, and her (ASUS K53E) laptop SATA HDD has insanely slow random read/write. Sequential r/w is around 74 MB/s, which seems fine, but random is around 1 MB/s. Hard disk health is fine according to S.M.A.R.T. Win10 1709 Pro x64. Pentium...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd is slow when use as caddy?

2. hdd caddy slow speed

3. caddy hard disk slow

4. low read speed hdd caddy,
  5. disk caddy slow windows 10