Windows 10: HDD mounting brackets

Discus and support HDD mounting brackets in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry for the dumb question....but hoping to get more space in the SSD/HDD case rack. Does it matter if the brackets in pic are mounted "u" up or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trinaz, Nov 28, 2017.

1. trinaz Win User

HDD mounting brackets

Sorry for the dumb question....but hoping to get more space in the SSD/HDD case rack. Does it matter if the brackets in pic are
    mounted "u" up or down as far as how many drives are mounted in case rack? I have them 'up' but seems to me alot of wasted space this way ??
    TiminAz
    HDD mounting brackets [​IMG]

:)

trinaz, Nov 28, 2017
  2. Rufus07 Win User

Car holder for Lumia 920 - Recommendations?

Try Brodit.com.

They have holders and mounting bracket for most cars/models.

Rufus07, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Car Mounting Bracket for N82

As title.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

thechangingman, Nov 28, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

HDD mounting brackets

That's the exact purpose of the brackets or adapter. It's just used to make the smaller drive use the larger drive bay bracket. The wasted space is but an after thought.

Depending on the case you have, the HDD tool-less drive bay brackets should have mounting holes to fit the smaller 2.5" drive.

Plankton, Nov 28, 2017
Thema:

HDD mounting brackets

1. HDD mounting brackets - Similar Threads - HDD mounting brackets

2. Can't type square brackets!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type square brackets!!!: I literally can type {} which are the same keys but I can't type square brackets for some reason I even tried the on-screen keyboard and I still cannot type it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-square-brackets/74537066-1ff5-49f6-8fdf-300e71be7879
  3. how to mount a HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to mount a HDD: so I have a problem with my case that if I mount my HDD the way it must be the vibration is too much and case makes noise and since my case is on table it is annoying to hear vibration of case front panel Anyways today I decided to mount it angled in a way and secure around...
  4. how to mount a HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to mount a HDD: so I have a problem with my case that if I mount my HDD the way it must be the vibration is too much and case makes noise and since my case is on table it is annoying to hear vibration of case front panel Anyways today I decided to mount it angled in a way and secure around...
  5. how to mount a HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. ssd bracket

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd bracket: I am replacing a 2.5" hard drive with an SSD in a laptop. The existing bracket is damaged so I need a replacement. I can't find one anywhere online, it's one of those with two thin metal sides and a plastic back. Any idea where I could get one? 167915
  7. [WSL] No option to mount external HDD with eOS 5.1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [WSL] No option to mount external HDD with eOS 5.1: This is my first attempt at WSL. I want to be able to use my files from Linux in Windows. I have 2 questions: 1) When I do wsl --help, I can't see the option for --mount, which is shown here. When I run the command for mount, it just shows me the list of available commands...
  8. Where to buy 2 5" mounting bracket/caddy?

Where to buy 2 5" mounting bracket/caddy?: I have a Sager NP9876/Clevo P870KM1-G gaming laptop. I would like to install 2 SSDs into the hard drive slots. But the SSDs I bought dont come with screws or an aluminum/metal caddy/bracket to secure them into the laptop. Sure, I can just slide them into the slots, but I dont...
  9. Internal HDD not maintaining drive letter/not mounting after reboot

Internal HDD not maintaining drive letter/not mounting after reboot: Hey all, Brand new here, and just returning to Windows as a platform at home. Hopefully this is the right forum. I'm experiencing a strange issue with my D: drive since what appears to be an unexpected shutdown late Saturday night (Event ID 6008). When I booted up my...
  10. Prevent HDD auto-mount

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent HDD auto-mount: Hi, everyone! I've just installed a dual boot system, with two Windows 10 (one for work, one for gaming). I have a single HDD with two NTFS partitions for the two OS. Let's call the two OS Win1 and Win2. Win1 maps his own partition (system partition) as C:, and Win2...