Windows 10: hdd not initialized

Discus and support hdd not initialized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KarlHendricks, Aug 22, 2018.

1. hdd not initialized

hdd not initialized just says disk 6 unknown I tried different usb ports with no success.there are files on it.

:)

KarlHendricks, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 22, 2018
  4. hdd not initialized

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

hdd not initialized

1. hdd not initialized - Similar Threads - hdd initialized

2. External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...: Hi all,I'm using a Western Digital MyBook External HDD 2 x 1 TB HDD. It is showing up as {Not initiated} in Disk Management and Windows prompt me to initialise the disks before using. As I have important data on the disk, I did not take the option. I notice that when I moused...
  3. External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD showed up in Disk Management as {Not initiated} but is shown correctly in...: Hi all,I'm using a Western Digital MyBook External HDD 2 x 1 TB HDD. It is showing up as {Not initiated} in Disk Management and Windows prompt me to initialise the disks before using. As I have important data on the disk, I did not take the option. I notice that when I moused...
  4. How to Initialize Newly Connected 2TB HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Initialize Newly Connected 2TB HDD?: I connected a newly bought 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. It was a 2nd hand product. I already have an SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda. The 4TB uses GUID Partition System. I can see my 2TB HDD is showing as "Not Initialized". When I try to initialize it in GPT, it gives me an error "a...
  5. How to Initialize Newly Connected 2TB HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Initialize Newly Connected 2TB HDD?: I connected a newly bought 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. It was a 2nd hand product. I already have an SSD, 4TB Seagate Barracuda. The 4TB uses GUID Partition System. I can see my 2TB HDD is showing as "Not Initialized". When I try to initialize it in GPT, it gives me an error "a...
  6. How to Initialize Newly Connected 2TB HDD?

7. My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize

My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize: I've had this HDD disk, but after a power surge the disk doesn't appear in explorer and when I go to the Disk Management - I don't see how much GB it has and it doesn't let me Initialize, because when I try - It says "The Device is not ready". Any tips? Or should I accept...
  8. My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize: I've had this HDD disk, but after a power surge the disk doesn't appear in explorer and when I go to the Disk Management - I don't see how much GB it has and it doesn't let me Initialize, because when I try - It says "The Device is not ready". Any tips? Or should I accept...
  9. My HDD Doesn't show how much space it contains and doesn't Initialize

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. External HDD not showing up on Explorer and showing up as Disk 1 Unknown Not Initialized...

External HDD not showing up on Explorer and showing up as Disk 1 Unknown Not Initialized...: Hello I need help on finding a fix for this issue, I am using WD MyPassport 2629 external hard drive. When I plug it into my PC using USB port It doesn't show in explorer and when I checked the Disk Management it didn't appear but then I rescanned the disks and it appeared as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. searching files on old system disk not initialized 2018

2. ssd wont initialize