Windows 10: HDD not recognized

Discus and support HDD not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a device that allows exploring HDDs via a UHB hookup. I have several HDDs and have been able to view contents with a device purchased from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lbeck, Aug 3, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

HDD not recognized

I have a device that allows exploring HDDs via a UHB hookup. I have several HDDs and have been able to view contents with a device purchased from Cables-to-Go. I don't think that I've used it subsequent to Win 10. Now when I use it it the drives hooked aren't recognized. The documentation provided says that the HDD may need to be reformatted, which I may do if needed, But I can't see the HDDs at all. There is a momentary blast of the HDD name - then disappearing. After disappearing the drives aren't visible in Disk Management.

How can I access these drives (most IDE) to either see the info inside or to reformat if necessary?

Thanks

:)

lbeck, Aug 3, 2018

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

HDD not recognized

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

HDD not recognized

1. HDD not recognized - Similar Threads - HDD recognized

2. Windows 11 not recognizing an older Win 10 HDD secondary drive. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not recognizing an older Win 10 HDD secondary drive. Any suggestions?: Good evening.Last month, I purchased a new desktop system Dell Inspiron 3910... though the box itself has Vostro stamped on it. Anyway, I wanted to upgrade a few things and so I cloned the SDD C: drive and swapped it out with no issue, and added another 16GB of RAM, again...
  3. Windows 11 not recognizing an older Win 10 HDD secondary drive. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not recognizing an older Win 10 HDD secondary drive. Any suggestions?: Good evening.Last month, I purchased a new desktop system Dell Inspiron 3910... though the box itself has Vostro stamped on it. Anyway, I wanted to upgrade a few things and so I cloned the SDD C: drive and swapped it out with no issue, and added another 16GB of RAM, again...
  4. Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...: Just around a week ago I discovered that in File Explorer my older 4Tb WD Elements drive that I have had for a few years is reading as a 5Tb drive and my new WD Elements 5Tb drive that I bought a few months ago is now recognized as a 4Tb drive. This means I lost a full Tb of...
  5. Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...

Windows 11: File explorer recognizes my oldere 4Tb WD external HDD as a 5Tb drive and my...: Just around a week ago I discovered that in File Explorer my older 4Tb WD Elements drive that I have had for a few years is reading as a 5Tb drive and my new WD Elements 5Tb drive that I bought a few months ago is now recognized as a 4Tb drive. This means I lost a full Tb of...
  6. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  7. Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.

Internal hdd not recognized by BIOS but recognized during Windows installation.: I have the following problem, I found an old laptop of mine, an Asus f555l. I noticed that it wasn't working properly anymore. so I tried to repair it. I've come to the following situation and I don't know what I can try. then Windows is installed on the hdd. unfortunately it...
  8. Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd: Hello,My windows was working perfectly on my desktop this morning, it took 7 seconds to start in total, from powering to being able to browse the internet. Then this morning, out of nowhere it became incredibly slow, i decided to restart the PC and upon restarting, discovered...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd: Hello,My windows was working perfectly on my desktop this morning, it took 7 seconds to start in total, from powering to being able to browse the internet. Then this morning, out of nowhere it became incredibly slow, i decided to restart the PC and upon restarting, discovered...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly takes 9 minutes to load and don’t recognize the hdd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows don`t disk hdd recognized

2. seagate not recognized by computer