Windows 10: HDD not working?

Discus and support HDD not working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First off, very sorry if this is the wrong board, I'm new. I have a 160GB HDD that I am trying to install on my mother's computer, with windows 7 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by St4tch, Apr 5, 2016.

1. St4tch Win User

HDD not working?

First off, very sorry if this is the wrong board, I'm new.

I have a 160GB HDD that I am trying to install on my mother's computer, with windows 7 on it. However, upon booting, it gets caught and loops the boot. So I put it in my PC and tried to fix it.
    So I go into Disk Management and then I see this:
    HDD not working? [​IMG]

Cant do anything there, cant Initialize it.

So I go into MiniTool Partition Wizard and then this:

HDD not working? [​IMG]

It says bad disk and Read-only. Is it dead? I dont care about the data on it, I just want to be able to use it again.

:)

St4tch, Apr 5, 2016

2. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hello,

Thank you for updating on the status.

Glad to know that the issue is solved. We appreciate your time and patience in sharing the information. This might help other Community users who are facing the same issue.

Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 5, 2016
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Caddy is connected to SATA so I updated IDE, ATA and ATAPI-drivers and it started to work!

Thanks for the tip!

-Aapo

AapoOinonen, Apr 5, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

HDD not working?

When I run into one of those I connect to a computer, boot to a GPARTED CD and check if there's partitions present and/or delete all partitions. Then depending upon what it will be used for I proceed to either create a partition and format or simply put back in the destination computer and install an OS which should partition and format it as part of the install process.

Berton, Apr 5, 2016
  5. St4tch Win User
    Thank you for your response.
    What do you mean by GPARTED CD? I dont have a cd drive so unless its able to boot via USB I dont know if I can do it.

Is there any other program I can use?

St4tch, Apr 5, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    MiniTool Power Data Recovery, free or pay-for, includes a partition fixer/manager -- and one can copy the portable program onto a USB boot stick.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2016
  7. RolandJS Win User
    RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HDD not working?

1. HDD not working? - Similar Threads - HDD working

2. Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...: I have a WD Passport Portable HDD. Had no problems with it. Windows 10 kept putting up a popup when I used it, to scan it for errors. I finally did it. It scanned, said no errors, and now it's totally messed up. It still shows up under "My Computer", but I click it and get a...
  3. Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...: I have a WD Passport Portable HDD. Had no problems with it. Windows 10 kept putting up a popup when I used it, to scan it for errors. I finally did it. It scanned, said no errors, and now it's totally messed up. It's password protected, which might make things trickier. I...
  4. Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...: I have a WD Passport Portable HDD. Had no problems with it. Windows 10 kept putting up a popup when I used it, to scan it for errors. I finally did it. It scanned, said no errors, and now it's totally messed up. It's password protected, which might make things trickier. I...
  5. Windows 10 suggested scanning my working portable HDD to check for errors, I ran the scan,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible: I booted my my computer and it booted slower than usual so I just shrugged it off. When I noticed it just appeared as "Local Disk F:" I started to worry and whenever I would interact with it, it would crash explorer so I had to restart. then I unplugged it and the computer...
  7. external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible: I booted my my computer and it booted slower than usual so I just shrugged it off. When I noticed it just appeared as "Local Disk F:" I started to worry and whenever I would interact with it, it would crash explorer so I had to restart. then I unplugged it and the computer...
  8. external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible

9. How can i make my hdd and ssd work at the same time?

How can i make my hdd and ssd work at the same time?: I recently just bought an ssd to upgrade my pc and add it with my already existing hard drive. I installed windows on it, run it and all, but i have come to realize that my hdd wasn’t detected so i decided to take the ssd off to figure out where the problem is from, but my pc...
  10. How can i make my hdd and ssd work at the same time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i make my hdd and ssd work at the same time?: I recently just bought an ssd to upgrade my pc and add it with my already existing hard drive. I installed windows on it, run it and all, but i have come to realize that my hdd wasn’t detected so i decided to take the ssd off to figure out where the problem is from, but my pc...