Windows 10: HDD Optimization problem

Discus and support HDD Optimization problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, On my Windows 10 system I have an SSD, a reserved for system HDD and another HDD (F) where I store most of my games. Basically automatic weekly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by isragamer, Jan 19, 2017.

1. isragamer Win User

HDD Optimization problem

Hi, On my Windows 10 system I have an SSD, a reserved for system HDD and another HDD (F) where I store most of my games. Basically automatic weekly optimization is scheduled, but I just checked the hard drive (F) and it showed me 12% fragmentation saying "needs optimization". I run optimization manually, but it still shows me the same 12% of fragmentation and suggesting optimization. Is it a problem with a disk or a bug in Windows optimization?

:)

isragamer, Jan 19, 2017
  2. stgreg Win User

Win 10 Disk Optimization program doesn't work.

Neither method corrected anything. SSD does not allow "Analyze.. HDD does. HDD Optimizes on schedule.. SDD doesn't. No problem with this until after the Anniversary update.

stgreg, Jan 19, 2017
  3. stgreg Win User
    Win 10 Disk Optimization program doesn't work.

After the Anniversary upgrade, Disk Optimization does not optimize per it's schedule. My C Drive is an SSD, my Data D: Drive is an HDD. the HDD optimizes automatically, as per the schedule. The C: Drive does not. It just says "OK" and the date it last
    optimized. Also, "Analyze" is greyed out for the SSD, so I can't analyze. It is not greyed out for the D: HDD.

Can someone explain what is happening?

stgreg, Jan 19, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

HDD Optimization problem

CountMike, Jan 20, 2017
  5. isragamer Win User
    I think it's a proper data partition, whatever that means. Anyway I've sorted it out, run early today normal windows optimization tool again and now it managed to defrag it.

isragamer, Jan 20, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    By "Proper" I mean not a restore or a partition like that that shouldn't have a letter at all.

CountMike, Jan 20, 2017
  7. isragamer Win User
    No, no, it's normal disk, I have others, one system reserved and another recovery, there I'm unable to optimize at all, and as far as I know it's normal

isragamer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HDD Optimization problem

1. HDD Optimization problem - Similar Threads - HDD Optimization problem

2. Problem with Drive C optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Drive C optimization: After restart it says the same again. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-drive-c-optimization/dc3e96fc-639a-4c99-8d33-a8f01f3e8a1a
  3. Problem with Drive C optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Drive C optimization: After restart it says the same again. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-drive-c-optimization/dc3e96fc-639a-4c99-8d33-a8f01f3e8a1a
  4. HDD SAYING NEEDS OPTIMIZATION 25%SPACE EFFECIENCY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD SAYING NEEDS OPTIMIZATION 25%SPACE EFFECIENCY: Hi Windows Community , My hdd saying needs optimization 25% space effeciency. So I decided to defrag it from command prompt. It didn't worked.Then scanned the hdd again same thing. So tried to do it from diskpart and formatted it.But when am optimizing it again the same...
  5. HDD SAYING NEEDS OPTIMIZATION 25%SPACE EFFECIENCY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD SAYING NEEDS OPTIMIZATION 25%SPACE EFFECIENCY: Hi Windows Community , My hdd saying needs optimization 25% space effeciency. So I decided to defrag it from command prompt. It didn't worked.Then scanned the hdd again same thing. So tried to do it from diskpart and formatted it.But when am optimizing it again the same...
  6. c drive optimize problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive optimize problem: why does my laptop not show c drive as an option in optimize drives. it says that there is an error in c drive but doesnt fix after i restart the computer and when i perforn a chkdsk it says that the drive is being used by some other process. why is it?...
  7. Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk fixing corruption/Partition Optimization 1TB HDD: Hello all, Ever since the beginning of using my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53, I have experienced stuttering whenever I doany kind of new task such as opening an application, opening a new tab, or even just scrolling through a loaded webpage.After doing a multitude of possible...
  8. having problems with retrim and optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    having problems with retrim and optimization: Hi all. I am running 20H2 19042.789 and am still having problems with retrim and optimization. The new 'C' HDD is not being optimised at all automatically but the date is remembered if a manual request is made. The 'D' backup drive is now not being retrimmed ( according to...
  9. MYASUS optimization problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MYASUS optimization problem.: Hello community, I have been facing a problem with the MYASUS app in my Asus laptop, saying that some feature is not working correctly, Please restart. Now, I finally found out why this is happening. When I go to the task manager>services, I found out that the ASUS...
  10. Win10 sees SSD as HDD in the Drive Optimizer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 sees SSD as HDD in the Drive Optimizer: I heard that defragmenting an SSD is a bad thing, as there is no benifit to it and it just stresses the Flash. but as it seems the drive optimizer doesn't defrag an SSD, which would be good if it would actually correctly detect an SSD. my System has technically 1 SSD. the...