Windows 10: HDD read starts very late!!

Discus and support HDD read starts very late!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by avi312, Jun 21, 2018.

1. avi312 Win User

HDD read starts very late!!

Hi there

As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have not been able to solve it since.

ATTEMPTED SOLTUTIONS

• powercfg -h off/hibernation off
    • Disabled fast startup
    • Disabled other boot drives in BIOS
    • Made the Windows drive the 1st option and priority in BIOS
    • Did a complete refresh and reinstall of windows, clearing settings

What I do not get is that when the HDD light does turn on and the SSD read starts... The login screen pops up in a matter of seconds like the way it should and did before that BSOD! The HDD light does not flash at all or turn on in anyway before this constant 10/15 minute delay... It is now getting a real chore to turn on and off PC becasue of the loading times - any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

:)

avi312, Jun 21, 2018
  2. DanielYX Win User

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Jun 21, 2018
  3. spixel Win User
    Windows loading time

How long does it take you to get past windows loading time , it takes me around 10 seconds , i think it might be my mobo. http://www.microsoft.com/library/me...g/setup/support/68224windows-logo-loading.gif

does 10 seconds sound a bit long for my spec and could it be a bad windows install or someting :S im confused as my old pc which was an amd x2 loaded up in about 4 , every few times also i load someting up ( like starting a programme or pressing the windows start menu ) pc stops responding for a split second.

oh yea and my pc acts reallly slow under alot of load :<

spixel, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. HDD read starts very late!! - Similar Threads - HDD read starts

2. help laptop shutting down very late

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help laptop shutting down very late: Dump fileEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 70A2B975 EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLS PROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe MODULE_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols SYMBOL_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols!70A2B975124C000 FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  3. help laptop shutting down very late

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help laptop shutting down very late: Dump fileEXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 70A2B975 EXCEPTION_STR: WRONG_SYMBOLS PROCESS_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe MODULE_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols SYMBOL_NAME: nt_wrong_symbols!70A2B975124C000 FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:...
  4. Hdd usage very high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hdd usage very high: How to solve this guys? I’ve tried disabling sys main and windows search but still it hasn’t changed please helpme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-usage-very-high/4999d655-fdb1-42b4-b7a4-c6d91599250e
  5. Whenever,I click start button ,it opens very late.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever,I click start button ,it opens very late.: Whenever, I click start button ,it opens very late. But when I restart my laptop , it starts running smoothly .But again after 2 to 3 days it becomes slow. what should I do? please help!...
  6. Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win32/MicTrayDebugger - very late detection by Defender: Before reading this please note that I regularly update Windows defender and do full sweeps about every 6 months but it does an automated sweep regularly as well. From Microsoft via Defender (NB Dates back to 2017 and it seems that this issue was known about April 2017):...
  7. 100% HDD Usage lately when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% HDD Usage lately when gaming: Hello everyone. I've run into a bit of an irritating issue concerning my storage drive (standard western digital hdd). When i'm gaming, particularly The Division ( and also the beta for The Division 2) my disk usage jumps to 100% and causes a ton of lag. I don't experience...
  8. HDD not reading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not reading: Hello, I have a custom built system and I have an SSD and 2 HDD, one is a WD 1TB and the other is a Seagate 3TB. The 3TB drive however does not show in disk management however the disk is shown in device manager and in the properties it reads connected and working properly...
  9. Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Long Loading Times - HDD read starts very late!!: Hi there As the title says when booting windows from my main SSD drive, the HDD light only starts flickering about 10/15 minutes from when the windows 10 loading screen with the spinning white dots first appreas. I believe this problem first happened after a BSOD and have...
  10. One computer is very late to the party

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One computer is very late to the party: I have a low spec Win 7 pro which I have attempted to upgrade to 10. It calculated that I did not have enough space (small HDD) and deleted some old installs to get the 20GB it needed (as I understand it). Started the upgrade at 9 am Friday and by 6 or 7 it had reached 99%...