Windows 10: HDD seen as USB flash drive

Discus and support HDD seen as USB flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mesajflaviu, Apr 10, 2018.

1. HDD seen as USB flash drive

I have inserted in my Win10 64bit PC, an HDD drive (physically), beside the old one, where I have OS installed. Everything is ok, except that my OS see this new HDD as USB stick, right down in system tray, as USB flash drive, and I can eject it by there ... which is not ok. I have done something bad ?

Thank you for your attention.

:)

mesajflaviu, Apr 10, 2018

2. SATA WD spindel hard drive seen as USB Flash Drive

when I try to do a windows update on build 10074 it will not update with the error you cannt install windows on a usb flash drvie and the only option to close? What is set wrong? Even tried to run setup.exe from the release build version from USB/DVD and
    get the same error message

I searched the web and got USB Flash see as Hard drive not the other way around

PerryMcClintock, Apr 10, 2018
  3. John582n Win User
    SATA WD spindel hard drive seen as USB Flash Drive

I don't think you can do an update from 10074. The keys no longer work

John582n, Apr 10, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

HDD seen as USB flash drive

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

HDD seen as USB flash drive

1. HDD seen as USB flash drive - Similar Threads - HDD USB flash

2. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  3. Nook is seen as a USB drive

Nook is seen as a USB drive: Nook reset problem My Nook Color will not successfully go through the set up after going into a factory reset. After it asks to choose a time zone, it goes to network connections "Let's get connected" and shows our home network with strong signal. When you try to continue...
  4. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  5. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  6. how to clone hdd to usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clone hdd to usb flash drive: Hi All, Hope this is the right tread.. A few years back I got some great help here on installing new drive, I have a Lenovo All in one PC and time to upgrade to a bigger drive, has any one done this on an All in one pc, if so how? Last time I did this if I recall I bought...
  7. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  8. No access on HDD's and USB flash drives

in Windows 10 Support
    No access on HDD's and USB flash drives: Hello. Because i do not know if there is a specific term for the problem i'm facing with access, to look for possible solutions, i open this thread and forgive me if there is already a thread with the same problem. I do not have access to any of the extra hard disks and...
  9. USB flash drive not seen by file managers at start up

USB flash drive not seen by file managers at start up: When I start my desktop computer with a USB flash drive inserted in either of the case's top front two USB 3.0 slots, neither Windows Explorer nor XYplorer (my main file mgr) recognize it, even after refreshing. But after pulling it out and reinserting, they do. How do I go...
  10. hdd not seen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd not seen: I am trying to load win 10 but when I get to the screen "where do you want to install windows" the message "we couldn't find any drives........." and only the "refresh and load driver" buttons are enabled. The load driver button points in the direction of the installation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd seen as usb

2. hdd seen as flash drive