Windows 10: HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.

Discus and support HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! In my PC I have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. Recently, the drive has been stopping showing up in Windows, and it's normally fixed by unplugging all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NateDev, Jul 12, 2016.

1. NateDev Win User

HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.

Hi! In my PC I have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. Recently, the drive has been stopping showing up in Windows, and it's normally fixed by unplugging all drives, rebooting, plugging the drives back in and then turning it on again. Today, the drive has not shown up at all, even after doing these steps. I plugged it into my other PC and it showed up fine, so I copied all my data over to be on the safe side. I then did a full format of the drive and plugged it back in to my 1st PC, but it does not show up in Device Manager or Disk Management. It does however show up in BIOS. I have only had this drive for about 4-5 months, and I built this PC my self. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks *Smile

:)

NateDev, Jul 12, 2016
  2. denmarfl Win User

Upgrading 2 PC's from Windows 7 32 Bit to Windows 10 32 Bit...issues

This may be helpful to others to document issues I experienced.

When both PC's going from Win7 to Win10 32bit...completed the Upgrade, the Desktop appeared......and the blue spinning circle just kept on spinning. I waited up to 40 mins....the 1st PC finally started to add all the Desktop and Taskbar Icons....and finally
    the Blue spinning circle went away.... During this time nothing responded.

The 2nd PC, I waited 45 mins at least....and decided right or wrong I was going to perform a Shutdown using Power button on PC. If I hosed the PC, I had a Backup. It re-booted and this time the desktop and Taskbar fully populated.

But problems continued. This PC was a desktop and had a 2nd Internal hard drive installed. This HDD had all my data saved...and when I went to open software that its data was on this 2nd Internal HDD...I got the message the Drive did not exists. I re-booted
    ....saw that BOIS was seeing both my C drive and the 2nd HDD......but when I got to Windows.....that 2nd Internal drive still was not displayed in "This PC". Now I was getting worried.....BOIS sees the drive, Windows doesn't? Went into Manage, Disk Management,
    no surprises the 2nd Internal drive was not shown....not even a drive that was unallocated....

I re-booted, went into BOIS, the Drive setting on my Desktop require you to manually Turn On and Off Motherboard Drive Ports.....all were correct, the Port the 2nd Internal HDD was been plugged into....it showed ON. I turned one Port that was Off...and
    should be off as nothing was plugged into it, ON...rebooted PC. BOIS flagged that there was no drive connected to the Port I just turned on.....which really was correct. However, proceeded to Start Win10. The 2nd HDD still was not being seen by Windows.
    Re-Booted; back into BOIS turned Unused Port back to Off. Proceeded to Windows......the 2nd Internal drive was finally displayed...but with a wrong drive letter. After using Disk management...and changing around Drive Letter...getting the 2nd HDD back to
    its prior letter...all...for now seems to be OK. Was it something I did in BOIS....or did the PC just need about 6 Re-boots before Windows finally saw the 2nd HDD......who knows.

The only thing that could have caused this was the Upgrade.....how or why....I am thinking no one would have the answer.

Seems the Upgrade from Win7 64bit to Win10 64bit, which I have done on 3 PC's goes much better than with the two 32bit PC's I have upgraded.

Also, the 32bit Upgrade...it did not maintain my personalized settings, ie Text size..etc.

So I conclude this Upgrade goes much better upgrading a 64bit PC than a 32bit PC..at least in my experience.

denmarfl, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Computer freezes in first Boot.

Old Tilte: start up takes 2 goes.

pc takes to goes to boot 1st boot stops then on 2nd go it boots fine, restarts 1st go

windows 10

TrentMartin, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

The two statements are confusing. The first implies the drive is in your computer case and the second implies it probably is an External USB HDD.
    If USB which type connection, USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Using the same type on both computers? If USB 3.0 are the drivers installed for it [will show in Device Manager, USB]?

Berton, Jul 12, 2016
  5. NateDev Win User
    The HDD is a SATA hard drive. I unplugged it from the PC where it is not showing up, my main PC, and plugged it into my other PC, where it is showing up.

NateDev, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC. - Similar Threads - HDD Showing 1st

2. 2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup: On windows 10 I have 2 monitors a 1920 x 1080 and a 2560 x 1440. I set up my monitors to slideshow through about 3 dozen different images, with different images on each monitor that stretch to fit the monitor. But every time I turn my computer on the second monitor will only...
  3. 2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup: On windows 10 I have 2 monitors a 1920 x 1080 and a 2560 x 1440. I set up my monitors to slideshow through about 3 dozen different images, with different images on each monitor that stretch to fit the monitor. But every time I turn my computer on the second monitor will only...
  4. 2nd Display Shows Same Background as 1st only on Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HDD is not showing in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD is not showing in my pc: In my pc sometimes there is no HDD showing in thic PC And sometimes it shows. i dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-is-not-showing-in-my-pc/a8efea3a-ba49-4c66-b8af-ea2019e60e70
  6. HDD is not showing in my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD is not showing in my pc: In my pc sometimes there is no HDD showing in thic PC And sometimes it shows. i dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-is-not-showing-in-my-pc/a8efea3a-ba49-4c66-b8af-ea2019e60e70
  7. HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...: I have 4 drives sdd boot, 2nd ssd and two HDD in my pc and they have been working fine until a few hours ago when i got a blue screen and i noticed that one of the HDD was not showing up anywhere. I checked disk management and it doesnt show it but when i go to device manager...
  8. 2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC): My brother has given my mum his sons PC (win10) as he doesn't use it, all been reformatted etc. My mums old computer, a win10, had a spare drive in it, i used it for backups and pulled files from documents etc in to it. went to put the spare drive in the new PC, it's not...
  9. 2nd Round, 1st didn't take

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Round, 1st didn't take: Please help, see original post and replies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-help/e419fc04-c640-4f78-82e7-95da67ccb0c0?tm=1593152513665&rtAction=1593402409083...
  10. 2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd Windows Install corrupts 1st?: This has happened to me more than once. I have an NVMe drive (1TB) and an SSD (500GB EVO 860). The NVMe is the main drive and a clean install of Windows 10 is all set up on it and it worked fine. I booted to a Windows 10 installation media (USB) and installed Windows 10 on...