Windows 10: Hdd smart error

Discus and support Hdd smart error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a laptop with a hitachi disk hts545050A7E380 of 500gbyte with a relocation sector count of 20010 (hex). I have changed the disk with a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by louis14, May 7, 2016.

1. louis14 Win User

Hdd smart error

I had a laptop with a hitachi disk hts545050A7E380 of 500gbyte with a relocation sector count of 20010 (hex).
    I have changed the disk with a new hts545050A7E380 and when i start the laptop to restore the image i get the message from the pc (not from the image software):
    "smart harddisk check detected an iminent failure.To ensure no data loss please backup the content immdiately and run the harddisk test in system diagnostics"
    I've tried the test but it was not available.
    Is my harddisk bad?

:)

louis14, May 7, 2016

2. Clear Error log

Hello John:

I am just a computer techie reading these posts, seeing where I can chime in,

I did some research and it appears to be a SMART - error,

Some articles I read, pointed to it being controlled in the BIOS. Others mentioned that it was part of DELL. Further, there is a "SMART" application in Windows, but it is different that the HDD Smart.

Find the Windows app in: control panel\administrative tools\computer management\services and applications\services

Find "Smart Card" in the services list and open it.

You can then enable, or disable smart software. In Windows.

Now, the Smart Card service in Windows has nothing to do with SMART on the HDD.

The Windows "smart" relates to reading smart cards. It is usually switched off by default anyway. If you don't see SMART in BIOS then you are stuck with the error until you replace your drive. Read the SMART data from your HDD and decide whether the failing
    attribute, there may be more than one, is likely to cost you important data loss. If you can't interpret the data then you'd better replace your drive. Take a system image first.

Summary:

If you do not see a SMART technology feature within the BIOS Setup Screen, you may not be able to do anything about it. Some users mentioned 3rd party applications, such as fan-tune etc. I would not "stray" and go into the 3rd party apps for a solution. Do
    some thorough digging under the hard drive management section in the BIOS setup. Please let me know if this was helpful in any form or manner.

I hope it did.

FranklinLopez-Henriquez, May 7, 2016
  3. Matt0714 Win User
    Reboot and select proper boot device

I've tried doing most of what was suggested here. The bios reset and checking the cables didn't do anything. I've tried running the smart data for the hdd and everything shows up fine as does the hdd under device manager which should mean the hdd isn't
    failing.

Matt0714, May 7, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Hdd smart error

Best to test it.

Follow the advice and be sure you have a backup of your data or an image of your disk.
    Then run the Hitachi Drive Fitness Test:
    Downloads | HGST

5. louis14 Win User
    My new disk is empty no data.i have an image of my old disk.
    i have only one sata connector in my laptop.so i can add only one disk this means i cannot download and run hitachi windft.
    i ask myself whether the smart info of my old disk doesn't influence the smart info of my new disk?

louis14, May 7, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    No, it shouldn't. The SMART readings are unique to the hard drive.

Can you use someones desktop rig to do the test with?

Thema:

Hdd smart error

1. Hdd smart error - Similar Threads - Hdd smart error

2. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  3. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  4. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  6. Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...

Unable to login with a smart card. Error: "signing in with a smart card is not supported...: Hello everyone, I am writing to describe a problem I have trying to setup an Windows Domain environment for a Automation System. Normaly, in the past we did really basic Active Directry setup with policies regarding accounts, passwords, RDP, use of USB devices just standard...
  7. hdd error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd error: Hey My hdd usage is not constant always above 15% and spiking so i downloaded crystal disk info to check it tho it says my hdd is in Good condition but by looking at the values can you tell me is my hdd going to fail? actually idk anything about these values...
  8. hdd error

hdd error: Hey My hdd usage is not constant always above 15% and spiking so i downloaded crystal disk info to check it tho it says my hdd is in Good condition but by looking at the values can you tell me is my hdd going to fail? actually idk anything about these values...
  9. hdd error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Smart TV with USB - what format do HDD's need to be

Smart TV with USB - what format do HDD's need to be: Hi there Query on playing media on a smart TV directly by using the USB connection. Most Smart TV's I believe have some variant of Linux - probably Android based - built in OS. A lot of the new ones have provisions for playing media directly via the USB connector(s)....