Windows 10: HDD turns on when laptop switches to sleep mode

Discus and support HDD turns on when laptop switches to sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. Windows 10 is installed on SSD. When the HDD is not used for some time it turns off and after that when I put the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BartłomiejKochutek, Sep 3, 2018.

1. HDD turns on when laptop switches to sleep mode

I have a laptop with SSD and HDD. Windows 10 is installed on SSD.
    When the HDD is not used for some time it turns off and after that when I put the laptop into sleep mode it turns on only to turn off again. Is there a way to stop such behaviour ?

I also wonder is it possible not to turn on HDD when laptop wakes up. I use this HDD only for storage and I rarely make any changes on it.

:)

BartłomiejKochutek, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 3, 2018
  4. HDD turns on when laptop switches to sleep mode

Sleeping mode gone fishin'

Hi,

I know how to turn them to be changeable but I need help to turn the
    sleeping mode button back, so if you can help me out in there I would be pleased.

• I guess no, I didn't, and I don't know how did the sleeping mode mananged to just dissappear from there.
    • I didn't troubleshooted this problem (except here).
    • And yes, I tried the steps but they didn't helped me.
    So I ask you, how should I turn back the sleeping mode if ( you can see) the sleeping mode is not in the settings? If you have an idea for solving this problem please reply under this post.

Thanks

HelpmehplzUT, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

HDD turns on when laptop switches to sleep mode

1. HDD turns on when laptop switches to sleep mode - Similar Threads - HDD turns laptop

2. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.: Product: HP - 15s-Fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABGWindows 10 64bit No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the...
  3. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.: Product: HP - 15s-Fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABGWindows 10 64bit No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the...
  4. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Laptop switched off automatically in Sleep Mode: My new HP Pavilion laptop switched off automatically in sleep mode. With the help of HP and Microsoft team carried out system restore, system reset and also tried system reboot using external USB drive. No joy till date.I have realized that this problem starts only after...
  6. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...
  7. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode: I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...
  9. switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    switch to turn HDD/SSD on/off: OK, with installing the new OS old issues come back to life. Here goes the question: can one have a physical switch somewhere on the PC case that can turn a single drive (HDD or SSD) on and off? I did search the internet before posting and several solutions exist, but...
  10. sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, scr: my dell inspiron when is much time under sleep mode, closed screen, closed laptop, and when is turned back, screen is black with visible light on it, led light, and i can move cursor if i leave it like that for few minutes i can also notice dim screen, like even that black...