Windows 10: HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

Discus and support HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I tried to connect my Acer Aspire V 15 laptop into a screen using HDMI. The video worked, but the audio did not play through the tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zander490, May 12, 2016.

1. Zander490 Win User

HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

So recently I tried to connect my Acer Aspire V 15 laptop into a screen using HDMI. The video worked, but the audio did not play through the tv speakers.

I tried...
    • different screen
    • Different HDMI cable
    • Restarting
    • Reinstalling Audio/Video Drivers
    • Updating video/audio drivers
    • Audio Troubleshooter
    • Installing generic driver (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter)

But then when I manually updated the Intel Graphics Driver OVER the generic driver, I finally had audio.
    Just thought you guys might want to know since there's a million other ways to fix it on google. Or maybe I read them wrong... Ah well.

:)

Zander490, May 12, 2016
  2. Romand4 Win User

HDMI Video works, Audio does not

I'm having the same issue. However when I ran my hardware device trouble shoot it changed the "facap, fastaccess video capture" but it still didn't work. I to was able to plug my computer straight to my tv and run audio video. I can only get video now. I
    have my device plugged into my home theater reciever where I get video and again no audio. I have a high end reciever and I called denon and the issue doesn't lie there. Any answers?!?!

Romand4, May 12, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    July 16, 2017 windows 10 update came with no sound and a message: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in"

What sound devices are listed in device manager, right click start, select device manager, show hidden devices, audio inputs and outputs, sound video and game controllers, post what is listed.

What audio device(s) where in the system before the message ?

Not plugged in could be that something that was plugged in is no longer

detected.

kjl1956, May 12, 2016
  4. HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

Solved by Thread Starter

Slartybart, May 24, 2016
Thema:

HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video

1. HDMI audio device "Not plugged in" but shows video - Similar Threads - HDMI audio device

2. Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in: Hi I have a HP COMPAQ 6200 PRO TOWER, i upgrade my Windows 7 to windows Windows 10. Now I have issue with my Digital Dolby sound. After installing or upgrading from Windows 10, I have sounds coming out on the TV Screen but after installing Drivers for display, the sounds is...
  3. Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in: Hi I have a HP COMPAQ 6200 PRO TOWER, i upgrade my Windows 7 to windows Windows 10. Now I have issue with my Digital Dolby sound. After installing or upgrading from Windows 10, I have sounds coming out on the TV Screen but after installing Drivers for display, the sounds is...
  4. Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDMI device "Not Plugged In"

HDMI device "Not Plugged In": The HDMI software/driver for my laptop has suddenly stopped working. I've made sure to update Windows currently using 10 and all my drivers, but the when an HDMI is plugged in, the laptop doesn't even sense it, much less plug it in. I don't believe this is a hardware issue,...
  6. HDMI device "Not Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI device "Not Plugged In": The HDMI software/driver for my laptop has suddenly stopped working. I've made sure to update Windows currently using 10 and all my drivers, but the when an HDMI is plugged in, the laptop doesn't even sense it, much less plug it in. I don't believe this is a hardware issue,...
  7. HDMI device "Not Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. HDMI monitor shows video signal but doesn't show as audio device on Windows 10

HDMI monitor shows video signal but doesn't show as audio device on Windows 10: I have 4 monitors connected to a single RTX2060. I'm able to extract audio signal from all of them, from all ports at the same time via 3rd party software Voicemeeter that routes audio signal for each device without having to deal with Windows 10 sound configuration to...
  9. audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...

audio devices, specifically output devices are not showing hdmi as an option when hdmi...: so my hdmi out wasnt working and i found one of these device options had a warning like symbol so i just disabled it and re-enabled it and that fixed it... i saw many other loooooong threads about this topic and i just hope someone finds this and doesnt waste their time...
  10. Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in

Digital Audio HDMI Not Plugged in: [IMG] Hi i have Acer aspire 5750G laptop, i upgrade my Windows7 to windows 8.1 to Windows 10 now I have issue with my Digital Dolby sound!! I have not more Original sound! When I go for playback device there showing me DIGITAL AUDIO HDMI HIGH definition audio device Not...