Windows 10: HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source

Discus and support HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to Windows 10, I've been having this issue. On computer start up with the TV on and set to the computer source, it works fine. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EmileBeaulieu, Nov 15, 2015.

1. HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source

Ever since I updated to Windows 10, I've been having this issue.
    On computer start up with the TV on and set to the computer source, it works fine. As soon as we switch the TV source or turn the TV off we lose the audio when we go back to the computer source. The Philips TV I use as my monitor disappears from the available sound sources, and I have a red x in the volume setting on the task bar.
    Rebooting the computer is the only way I've found to bring the sound back.
    This is the exact same computer and TV I used with no issues for over a year before upgrading to Windows 10.

I have installed the latest realtek audio driver listed on this site. I have used the ACER care centre to look for updates, but it says there are none. I've also tried switch out from the realtek to the standard windows driver, but nothing has solved the problem.

I have an ACER XC-605 media PC.
    Operating system : ,Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Processor : ,Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Memory : ,6GB
    Graphics device : ,Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
    Audio device 1 : ,Intel(R) Display Audio
    Audio device 2 : ,Realtek High Definition Audio

Any suggestions?

:)

EmileBeaulieu, Nov 15, 2015

2. Device Disconnect Sound happening CONSTANTLY!

I have narrowed my issue down to it being an HDMI issue.

I have my HDMI plugged into my audio system, and from there to my 75" TV.

When I turn off the audio and TV for the night, I constantly get the connect / disconnect sounds like every 10 seconds, all night / or until windows crashes.

If I unplug the HDMI cable after I turn off my Audio and TV, I get 1 disconnect sound, and all is fine. Windows has now been up for a month or more, with me pulling the HDMI cable every night.

As another test I left it plugged in last night, and there's than damn noise all night till 4:30 am, when I went down stairs, powered my audio and TV back on and windows had crashed.

How do we stop windows from thinking there has been a device plugged in when the device is powered off?

KnRPullman, Nov 15, 2015
  3. HDMI still not working.

I ran the hardware and devices troubleshooter, and updated the display driver, but the HDMI still isn't working. I have windows 10, and my TV still says no signal, check devices power, cable connection, and source selection. I also went to audio, then
    clicked playback devices and didn't find HDMI. Only says speakers. I had the HDMI plugged into the laptop and TV when I checked the audio. The computer isn't showing me the HDMI cable is plugged in. Though the HDMI cable works well on my brothers laptop and
    he has windows 10 as well. I don't know what else to do. Please respond ASAP. Thank You. By the way it's a Lenovo G580 laptop.

Daniel Ramirez_63, Nov 15, 2015
  4. HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source

Solved this issue today. It turned out that my BIOS wasn't up to date, even tho I have the Acer Care Centre installed. The Acer Software doesn't include updating the bios, I guess. I had to update it manually.
    So, even though I had the sound and video drivers up to date, with a 2 year old bios, the issue persisted.

Updating the bios isn't necessarily easy though, and it is fairly easy to cause major problems instead of solving them if you make a mistake. I recommend getting someone who is knowledgeable enough to update the bios if you are at all unsure of it yourself.

EmileBeaulieu, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source

1. HDMI audio disappears after TV power off or change source - Similar Threads - HDMI audio disappears

2. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  3. Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Input (Mic) Source When Changing Audio Source?: Hi there, I often switch between my speakers and my headset throughout the day. When I change the audio source of my speakers, how can I make it set the default mic as my webcam and when I change the audio source to my headset how can I make it choose my headset mic instead?...
  4. HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.: I connected my laptop to the TV last night via HDMI to watch some shows when I noticed it wasn't playing audio like it usually does. Visual was fine, but audio was only coming from my laptop. Went through various settings and tried everything from games to mp3s, but it's like...
  5. Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen powers off if not plugged into power source: I have a Lenovo ideapad 130-15AST Laptop with Windows 10 it's brand new, well I bought it back in the Summer 2019 and rarely use it. However, I need it really bad now and I am using it as I type this question I'm not using my cell phone. So I used it last month and every time...
  6. Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop powers off when not plugged in to power source: Recently my HP Notebook will not charge above 0%. It turns on when plugged in to power source but instantly turns off when disconnected from the charger. Any information regarding this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  7. Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off

Windows 10 - HDMI disconnect after turning TV off: I have Windows 10 on my HTPC - MacMini (late 2012) connected via HDMI to my receiver which is connected to TV. My problem is that HDMI disconnect every time when I turn off my TV. Next time I have to wait few seconds for reconnect. But problem is when I'm in certain...
  8. No audio on HDMI PC to tv

No audio on HDMI PC to tv: I do not understand nor do I know why my smart TV won't properly connect to my PC. My older tv works perfectly to my pc. The hdmi cable is new. I even tried a dvi cord and a display port cord, same issue. The smart TV and PC are both brand new so I don't understand why a...
  9. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  10. Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio

Laptop HDMI to TV: video but no audio: Okay. I'm having one heck of a time trying to get this thing to work. I recently purchased a new Asus laptop running Windows 10. I have it plugged in to an HDMI switcher which, in turn, runs to my TV. Now the problem is I am getting no audio from my TV speakers, but the video...