Windows 10: HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, all Just this past day I upgraded my Dell XPS 15 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I noticed I'm now having the same issue as many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarthBrawn, Sep 19, 2015.

1. HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade

Hello, all

Just this past day I upgraded my Dell XPS 15 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I noticed I'm now having the same issue as many recently-upgraded users, specifically that when connected to a TV via HDMI, audio does not switch over to my TV's speakers, however, it stays with my computer's speakers, and video works perfectly fine.

In the audio devices panel, the Digital Audio (HDMI) speakers are displayed, but are listed as "not plugged in", as displayed below.

HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

My drivers are all updated, cables tested on multiple devices, I'm running a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, driver version 10.18.13.5362

I've seen this problem in other threads, tried multiple solutions, but to no avail, therefore would like a solution specific to my model/make.

Please let me know if I left out any info that could he helpful to solving the problem, thanks.

:)

DarthBrawn, Sep 19, 2015
  2. CindyQP Win User

Can't get sound through HDMI cable

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and can no longer get sound through my HDMI cable. The video works fine. I am on a Dell laptop and a Panasonic Viera TV. When I go to the start menu and go to sound, it says Realtek High Definition Audio output as a playback
    device but there is nothing about HDMI. (Other posts/replies seem to suggest that HDMI should be listed.) I am not terribly sophisticated with this stuff so a simple solution would be much appreciated.

CindyQP, Sep 19, 2015
  3. HDMI audio no longer works, following the last massive Win10 upgrade.

The massive Windows 10 upgrade is flawed. Specifically the HDMI projection from PC to TV fails to transmit the audio, which continues to emanate from the PC speaker, rather than from the TV like the video. All the advice on line failed, as the HDMI drivers
    didnt even show in the requisite box. I reversed the upgrade and... hey presto! HDMI works again! Now I am hourly threatened by the upgrade app that my system in insecure and no longer being maintained for security upgrades. When will this HDMI failing
    be fixed?

robinstern, Sep 19, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade

Hi DarthBrawn and welcome to the forum *Smile

Is the device connected to your TV via a video card HDMI or a motherboard HDMI?

WhyMe, Sep 19, 2015
  5. Motherboard HDMI, I believe.

DarthBrawn, Sep 19, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    You believe, or you know? Which one please?

WhyMe, Sep 19, 2015
  7. WhyMe Win User
    That driver is old and has been updated twice since then.

I'm trying to remember how I configured a friends pc with HDMI out to TV on win10. I'm pretty sure it was via the video card instead of the motherboard. There was definitely an issue with audio selection not being automated when switching. Anyhow, I'm not round there right now, so I'm unable to check how it is currently set up.

I suggest making sure you have the latest driver for the 540m (355.82), switching the HDMI over to your card and then switching playback device accordingly.

Edit: I never asked. With your current setup, have you been able to manually switch? I think you've also answered that. And the answer is no you cannot, because it is saying not plugged in.

WhyMe, Sep 19, 2015
  8. HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade

How do I switch it over to my graphics card?

DarthBrawn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade

1. HDMI Audio no longer function post Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio longer

2. Windows 10 Audio input no longer functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio input no longer functioning: Hello Everyone, I tried using the windows 10 xbox game bar to join a party chat for the first time. During this session everything was working fine, and then I could no longer hear anyone (but I could still hear all other audio). After restarting my computer, the audio input...
  3. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized: Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade - HDMI no longer working

Windows 10 upgrade - HDMI no longer working: Hi there I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade my HDMI cable connected to my TV no longer works. I was advised to update display adapter, which I have done, but the problem persists....
  5. Post no longer needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Post no longer needed: It has been answered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-no-longer-needed/225467d9-9f09-45de-a14d-b1a079a00325
  6. Post Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post Windows 10 Upgrade: I am installing the latest upgrade and ran out of space on my harddrive. How do I delete Windows.old folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-windows-10-upgrade/73ba4167-1613-459d-bd75-d1d3205b1578
  7. HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10

HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All, I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here. I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has onboard speakers which sound...
  8. WIndows 10 apps no longer function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 apps no longer function: Hi, My Windows 10 apps no longer work on this account: - They do on other accounts on the same machine - The desktop apps launch without problem from the Windows 10 Start Menu Example: calculator, Wikipedia, NetworkSpeedTest. I already tried to reset the Windows 10...
  9. No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1

No Audio Post Win/10 Upgrade from 8.1: Hello all. After I updated to Windows 10, I noticed I had no audio in anything. With/without headphones, there was nothing. I had no Audio Output devices anymore. I tried restarting the computer, the two windows audio things whose names escape me (Windows Audio and Windows...
  10. Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to 10 from 8.1 64-bit basic functions no longer functional: Good Wednesday morning - The actual upgrade process went completely smooth, without a hitch. HOWEVER, after restarting the now upgraded Windows 10 environment does not allow for basic functions such as taskbar, web browsing, right-click desktop, click on Edge or...