Windows 10: HDMI Audio playback device not recognised

Discus and support HDMI Audio playback device not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone The issue i have is that when i connect my laptop to my tv via HDMI i cannot get any audio, the video works like it should. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asyetuntitled, Feb 5, 2016.

1. HDMI Audio playback device not recognised

Hi everyone

The issue i have is that when i connect my laptop to my tv via HDMI i cannot get any audio, the video works like it should. It constantly says "not plugged in" and is greyed out in playback devices. The issue is only when running windows 10, when i boot into Ubuntu on the same machine the HDMI connection works perfectly so i figured it cant be a hardware problem....

I have tried installing AMD legacy drivers, updating my graphic and audio drivers through windows updating and searching the web for older drivers as it has worked in the past. I have also performed a reset in win 10 because had been playing around with scheduled tasks to try and improve boot time on my ageing machine.

Also tried starting the computer with the HDMI cord already plugged in and the TV on just in case it was some sort of issue recognizing it getting plugged in. Have also tried deleting drivers and restarting with the cord still attached.

My Laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ62 402AU
    CPU - AMD Athlon II P360
    Graphics card - Radeon HD 4200 series

I apologize in advance if i have posted in the wrong section, i have been searching for a solution for a week now and cant seem to find anything that fixes my problem

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

asyetuntitled, Feb 5, 2016

2. Sound

I have managed to sort the issue out. In the Playback devices I had Realtel HDMI Output as the Default Device and when changed it to Digital Audio (HDMI) as the Default Device the sound worked. Thank you for all your help HDMI Audio playback device not recognised :)

Bilal_3715, Feb 5, 2016
  3. No sound from hdmi output windows 10

My issue, as I later figured out was that my Playback Devices where no longer automatically switching between my laptop Realtek and my my AMD High Definition Audio Device. (You may have Realtek or other HDMI Audio devices instead of AMD). So I change playback
    defaults every time I use the HDMI.

Also make sure prior to using you HDMI that you switch your AV on your remote.

I switch my AV to HDMI 1 on the TV Imput Select which may be different on your television. My television is an old plasma set. But it's still beautiful High Definition 1080p.

BTW. Playback Devices are located in your sound. Right click on sound located on the Taskbar Select Playback Devices and right click the selection showing a television and select Set Default Device. Change your Default back to Speaker when done using HDMI.

Hope this helps you out.

BillySpilliard, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

HDMI Audio playback device not recognised

1. HDMI Audio playback device not recognised - Similar Threads - HDMI Audio playback

2. HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many monitors support audio over HDMI, and they also come with a speaker or […] This article HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Audio Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  4. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Audio Playback Device Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Playback Device Missing: So today when I got onto my computer I noticed I had audio. I did the normal thing I usually do and check to see if I'm on the right playback device. But it wasn't there. Now I'm stuck, I've tried everything people have said to do like uninstalling/reinstall drivers, restart...
  8. No HDMI Audio options showing in playback

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI Audio options showing in playback: I just updated a gateway lt4004u laptop from windows 7 to 10. I am trying to use a tv as a monitor via hdmi which is working but I cant get the audio to work. Ive tried updating the drivers, right clicking to show hidden devices, and disabling, restarting and enabling again....
  9. Glitch with audio playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Glitch with audio playback device: Whenever I plug my headphones into my computer, it will begin to rapidly reassign my audio playback device among all available options. (For example: It would switch between "High Definition Audio Device" and "NVIDIA High Definition Audio Device). I have since attempted to...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows audio hdmi not recognised