Windows 10: HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

Discus and support HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, May 3, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

Hi there

Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch.
    (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those who want to record from HDMI video.

(IMO the cheap ones are better than the expensive boxes as the expensive boxes don't strip HDCP from the HDMI output making some content not re-cordable with video capture devices or even software such as Audials).

AGPTEK HDMI converter. 21 EUR

AGPtek 1080P HDMI to HDMI Converter - Newegg.com

Audio quality more than good enough for games, movies etc. A really discerning audiophile might not be 100% satisfied - but it's not intended for Studio quality !!! More than good enough for me and I'm quite fussy.

Cheers
    jimbo.

:)

jimbo45, May 3, 2016

2. Continuum display dock work with a DVI monitor?

Yes, should be no different using HDMI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI with either a converter or an HDMI to DVI cable. DVI does of course not support audio (normally), so you will loose that, if the monitor supports audio over HDMI.

Sven Johannsen, May 3, 2016
  3. [Epstein] Win User
    connecting speakers to xbox one

Maybe a HDMI® Audio Converter?

[Epstein], May 3, 2016
Thema:

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

1. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio - Similar Threads - HDMI Converter HDMI

2. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no audio hdmi: 2 monitors and 1 tv connected. the TV does not show up in audio devices and does not give any sound. the TV is extended as the 3rd screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-hdmi/62326217-4260-41bd-bf80-ae121c619ac0
  3. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no audio hdmi: 2 monitors and 1 tv connected. the TV does not show up in audio devices and does not give any sound. the TV is extended as the 3rd screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-hdmi/62326217-4260-41bd-bf80-ae121c619ac0
  4. no audio hdmi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HDMI audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  6. HDMI audio

HDMI audio: This is complicated. I use my PC for music-making, and for entertainment. For the former I've got a Saffire firewire interface that connects to the amplifier via optical s/pdif. For the latter I use the motherboard's Realtek audio, also connected by an optical s/pdif. I am...
  7. HDMI audio out

HDMI audio out: Windows 11I am currently using an HDMI adapter to connect my soundbar optical in and laptop HDMI out. My soundbar does not have a HDMI port so that's why. It has been working fine for 2 years with HDMI Audio. This HDMI adapter has an additional adapter HDMI port for...
  8. HDMI and audio

HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  9. HDMI audio

HDMI audio: Trying to watch and hear Netflix on TV but no sound on TV only computer. Only have speakers as options in control panel, no HDMI option. Any suggestions? 44211
  10. hdmi audio

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hdmi audio: Now i cant get the audio to work i have the realtek audio drivers and the CCC audio drivers. I am using a radeon hd7700 gpu. 12205